LOUISVILLE, Ky., Feb. 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- When looking for the perfect mate, how many of us rule out people before we even meet them? Many of us do this on the basis of looks, voice, religion, skin color or political affiliation, says Christine B.L. Adams, M.D., a psychiatrist and expert in treating relationship and personality problems. She says we miss out on good relationships solely by judging people on such superficial information, so-called Deal-Breakers. The "deal" is over when someone doesn't meet our preconceived idea of the ideal mate.
Dr. Adams points out that men and women constantly puzzle over such questions as Have I got the right man or woman? Or will this relationship last? She can help singles gain clarity as she answers such questions as:
- What are the Dating Deal-Breakers people use to rule out dates?
- What does using Dating Deal-Breakers do to your chances of finding a mate?
- How do you avoid using Dating Deal-Breakers and find out in depth who a date really is as a person?
- What is "instant sexual attraction" about and how do you avoid the instant sexual attraction "trap?"
- Why is it imperative to pay attention to what your date does not ask you?
- Why is it helpful to pay attention to how you feel emotionally with your date?
Credentials: Christine B.L. Adams is a child and adult psychiatrist practicing for 40 years in Louisville, Ky. She is the co-author with the late Homer B. Martin, M.D., of the upcoming book, Living on Automatic: How Emotional Conditioning Shapes Our Lives and Relationships. She is the author of professional articles in the American Journal of Psychiatry and Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Adams teaches classes on personalities and relationships through The Veritas Society of Bellarmine University in Louisville. She has been a guest on Starcom Radio Network, Louisiana Radio Network and "Trending Today USA."
Availability: Kentucky, nationwide by arrangement, and via telephone; available last minute for Valentine's Day
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dating-deal-breakers-hurt-chances-of-finding-a-mate-300401940.html
SOURCE Christine B.L. Adams, M.D.