The upgraded version of myDaVita provides registered users with a customized dashboard for those with chronic kidney disease (CKD), those on dialysis and caregivers based on their connection to kidney disease. Additional tools and ease of navigation have been improved, allowing users to find what they are looking for quickly and easily.
Anyone can join myDaVita by visiting myDaVita and registering for the free, online community, gaining access to various customizable tools and resources dedicated to those affected by kidney disease.
"We're excited to bring this tool to our 177,000 current members," says Debbie Benner, RD, vice president of clinical support services for DaVita Kidney Care. "It's more important than ever for those with kidney disease to be active in managing their health and connecting with others online; myDaVita is a platform to do both."
Updated features include:
- Customized homepage and profile page: Experience content and resources tailored to the user's stage of CKD or connection to kidney disease.
- People Finder: It's now easier than ever to connect with myDaVita members based on their location, their connection to kidney disease and more.
- Message Center: Registered myDaVita users can communicate privately using the upgraded message tools.
- Forums: Members can add their voice to the conversation, whether at home or on the go via mobile device.
- DaVita Diet Helper: Diet resources can be managed more quickly and easily with the updated tool.
- DaVita Health Portal: DaVita Kidney Care patients can easily access labs and more on their personal health dashboard.
About DaVita Kidney Care
DaVita Kidney Care is a division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., a Fortune 500® company that, through its operating divisions, provides a variety of health care services to patient populations throughout the United States and abroad. A leading provider of dialysis services in the United States, DaVita Kidney Care treats patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita Kidney Care strives to improve patients' quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services. As of Dec. 31, 2015, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,251 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 177,000 patients. The company also operated 118 outpatient dialysis centers located in 10 countries outside the United States. DaVita Kidney Care supports numerous programs dedicated to creating positive, sustainable change in communities around the world. The company's leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu. For more information, please visit DaVita.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/davita-kidney-care-revamps-customized-online-experience-for-those-affected-by-kidney-disease-300239989.html
SOURCE DaVita Kidney Care