SAN FRANCISCO, March 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Ultramarathoner and internationally recognized endurance athlete, Dean Karnazes is literally on the run. He is participating in "Regis & Kelly's Run Across America with Dean Karnazes," a 3,000-mile coast-to-coast run designed to empower Americans to take control of their health. Karnazes is running, rain or shine, for up to 14 hours a day, covering an average of 50 to 60 miles daily. To prepare for and maintain his optimal performance condition during the run, Karnazes takes Joint Juice® products daily and follows simple guidelines to keep his body healthy, and most importantly, his joints lubricated and cushioned.*
As an advocate for physical health, Karnazes lives by five rules to keep his body in peak performance condition:
- Hydrate and Lubricate Joints – Drinking water isn't enough to hydrate weight bearing joints. Taking 1500mg of glucosamine will increase both joint hydration and joint lubrication.
- Be Supplement Savvy – Dietary supplements such as glucosamine and chondroitin have been proven to maintain joint function and mobility. All Joint Juice® products provide a full day's supply of glucosamine plus chondroitin vitamin D3, and other important vitamins and minerals to keep joints strong and healthy.
- Get Moving – Keep moving. Exercise, stretch and play every day. Exercising for just 30 minutes daily will help maintain a healthy weight, reduce stress and contribute to an overall healthier well-being.
- Manage Your Weight –Research has shown that with every single pound gained, a person puts four times, or four additional pounds, more stress on weight-bearing joints like knees, hips and back.
- Cross Train – Create variety with low impact activities like yoga, mountain biking, surfing or resistance training. A diverse exercise regimen prevents injuries and avoids boredom by keeping the body guessing.
The creator of Joint Juice® products and renowned orthopaedic surgeon Kevin R. Stone, M.D., will also appear on "LIVE! With Regis and Kelly" during Karnazes' run to help monitor Dean's joint and overall health. While working with professional athletes whose mobility was critical to their careers, Dr. Stone created Joint Juice® products as a convenient and great tasting alternative to large, hard-to-swallow pills. Joint Juice® products provide effective and easy-to-take joint health products that enable people to keep doing what they love.
Karnazes' run began on Friday, Feb. 25 in Southern California at The Disneyland Resort and will conclude in May when he runs into the "LIVE! With Regis and Kelly" studio in New York City for a live broadcast. Throughout the run, viewers can track his impressive journey by watching "LIVE" daily or through Karnazes' Twitter and Facebook pages.
About Joint Juice, Inc.
JOINT JUICE, Inc. is a San Francisco-based Company that manufactures Joint Health nutrition products including, JOINT JUICE® supplement drink, JOINT JUICE® drink mix, and JOINT JUICE® Easy Shot™ supplement. JOINT JUICE® supplement drink is available nationally in the vitamin section of grocery stores, drug stores, club stores, and Wal-Mart. JOINT JUICE® drink mix is available in the vitamin section of grocery, drug stores, and directly through our website. JOINT JUICE® Easy Shot™ supplement is available in the vitamin aisle at Walgreens stores nationwide. For more information or to find Joint Juice® products in a store near you, visit jointjuice.com or call us at 888-642-9941.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
SOURCE Joint Juice, Inc.