WASHINGTON, Dec. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Life Time destinations throughout Washington D.C. are set to open their doors to the public Dec. 30 to Jan. 2 to encourage residents to kick-off 2017 with a New Year's commitment to their health. During each of the four days, Life Time destinations will feature a variety of health and fitness experiences and activities for all ages.
The weekend will highlight unique-to-Life Time group fitness, indoor cycle and yoga classes such as Strike, Amp Cycle and Warrior Sculpt, as well as Alpha Training. Life Time's indoor aquatic centers, basketball courts, rock walls and tennis, racquetball and squash courts will all be open with club-specific programming to help men, women and kids make their commitment even easier by doing activities they love or trying new things that will inspire them in the coming year.
On Jan. 1, Life Time will host the fifth annual Commitment Day 5K Fun Run and Walk at 10 a.m., and the motivation will continue on Sunday, Jan. 8 with the Life Time Indoor Triathlon. Participants will complete a 10-minute indoor pool swim, a 30-minute bike ride in a cycle studio, and a 20-minute run on a treadmill.
While Jan.1 is the traditional day millions announce their New Year's Resolutions, research from the University of Scranton shows only 8 percent of Americans achieve success. For the fifth year, Life Time, is aiming to help people rethink resolutions and instead make a true, internal commitment to themselves to live a healthy way of life by jump-starting 2017 with healthy activities all weekend long.
ADDITIONAL STORY IDEAS:
- Best tips to keep in 2017: You're ready to make a change but what do you need to succeed?
- Exercising in the elements: Is it ever too cold to get out there?
- Creating a family committed to fitness: Family centered activities for all ages.
- Anyone can try a tri: A what you need to know tutorial on this new trend.
- Joining a health club for the New Year? What to look for.
WHEN / WHERE:
Dec. 30 to Jan. 2 Washington D.C. Life Time destinations open to the public
Jan. 1 at 10 a.m. Commitment Day 5K Fun Run and Walk
- Life Time Athletic Reston
Jan. 8 Indoor Triathlon
- Life Time Athletic Fairfax, Loudoun County, and Reston
VISUALS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD:
- Commitment Day Promo Spot: http://bit.ly/CDPromoSpot
- Commitment Day B-Roll: http://bit.ly/CD17BRoll
- Imagery and Logos: http://qlnk.io/ql/58582ac5e4b0b6a23004ebcf
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dec-30-to-jan-2-washington-dc-life-time-destinations-open-to-public-host-commitment-day-5k-on-jan-1-300382900.html
SOURCE Life Time Fitness, Inc.