SAN FRANCISCO, June 8 /PRNewswire/ -- DecisionView Inc., a leading provider of software solutions to optimize clinical trial enrollment for life sciences companies, is pleased to announce that DecisionView President and COO Linda Drumright will moderate an expert panel discussion on Patient Enrollment at the 46th DIA Annual Meeting (June 13-17, 2010 in Washington, D.C.). Ms. Drumright will be joined by industry experts from Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline, who will share their first-hand experiences in driving the evolution of patient enrollment processes within their organizations.
Patient Enrollment is at the heart of all clinical trials. Yet in many organizations, the systems and tools available for planning and tracking trials are immature, require manual inputs, and lack the features and flexibility clinical planners and trial managers need. The result: 72% of studies are delayed by more than a month, at an average cost of $37,000 per day.
Industry experts from Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline and DecisionView will share their first-hand experiences in evolving patient enrollment processes to foster collaboration and data-driven decision-making through an enrollment "planning culture." During the session, panelists will address some of the most challenging enrollment performance issues faced by the industry today, including:
- Standardizing the enrollment planning process
- Visibility of enrollment performance across the portfolio
- Planning's impact on downstream trial execution
- Reducing enrollment forecast variability and risks
- Use of historical enrollment data in planning
- Global collaboration
In addition, the session will include expert presentations by each of the panelists, including:
- "Driving Standardization in the Planning Processes Across an Organization," by Brian Dudt, Director, Performance Analytics and Benchmarking, Pfizer
- "IT's Role in Supporting Collaboration and Transparency within the Business," by Munther Baara, Sr. Director, Data Management & Reporting Development, Business Technology, Pfizer
- "From Instinct to Insight: Delivering Predictable Performance," by Alex Lancksweert, Business Lead for Simplifying the Clinical Information Environment (SCIE), GlaxoSmithKline
DecisionView develops innovative web-based software solutions that enable life sciences organizations around the world to improve clinical trial performance. DecisionView's flagship solution, StudyOptimizer, helps organizations optimize clinical trial enrollment by aggregating patient recruitment data from multiple sources and providing analytics, visualizations, and predictive scenario modeling that delivers unique and actionable insight. StudyOptimizer is used by four of the top ten global pharmaceutical companies, and has been used on over 750 clinical studies with over 120,000 subjects enrolled in over ten different therapeutic areas. Primary investors in the company include Granite Ventures, Adobe Ventures, and Aeris Capital. For additional information about DecisionView, go to www.decisionview.com or call 415-538-1800.
ABOUT THE DRUG INFORMATION ASSOCIATION (DIA)
The DIA Annual Meeting is the premier event for professionals involved in the discovery, development, and lifecycle management of pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and related products. DIA is a neutral, global, professional, member-driven association of nearly 18,000 industry, academia, and regulatory professionals involved in the discovery, development, and life cycle management of pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and related products. Headquarters are in Horsham, PA, USA, with offices in Basel, Switzerland, Tokyo, Japan, Mumbai, India, and Beijing, China.
SOURCE DecisionView Inc.