WASHINGTON, Feb. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Ms. Stephanie Barna, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, will host the 2015 Department of Defense Reserve Family Readiness Awards presentation at 10 a.m., Feb. 26 at the Pentagon Hall of Heroes.
The Reserve Family Readiness Award recognizes one unit from each of the seven Reserve Components for excellence in developing programs to support their military families. Each awardee receives a cash award from the Military Officers Association of America.
This year's winners are:
- Army National Guard: Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 404th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade, Normal, Illinois
- U.S. Army Reserve: Forward Support Company, 980th Engineer Battalion, Austin, Texas
- U.S. Marine Corps Reserve: Combat Logistics Battalion 453, Aurora, Colorado
- U.S. Navy Reserve: Navy Operational Support Center North Island, San Diego, California
- Air National Guard: 157th Air Refueling Wing, Pease Air National Guard Base, New Hampshire
- U.S. Air Force Reserve: 934th Airlift Wing, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- U.S. Coast Guard Reserve: Port Security Unit 308, Kiln, Mississippi
This award program was established in 2000 to recognize the significant impact family readiness has on mission readiness. With more than 25,000 Reserve Component members currently activated, these programs allow troops to serve around the world knowing that their families are being supported back home.
CONTACT: Stacey Barnes
SOURCE Department of Defense