ROUND ROCK, Texas, Aug. 20, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
- Dell's first-of-its-kind OptiPlex 7070 Ultra hides the PC in the monitor stand for a clutter-free, zero-footprint1 desktop
- With the world's most flexible commercial desktop solution2, the Dell OptiPlex 7070 Ultra, customers can upgrade their display3 and PC separately as well as choose display mount and support up to three displays
Dell Technologies today announced the new OptiPlex 7070 Ultra, an innovative desktop that stores its small and powerful technology vertically inside a thin and light display stand. The industry's most flexible, zero-footprint desktop design, the OptiPlex 7070 Ultra is beautiful, space-saving, and clutter-free; as well as fully modular so customers can configure and upgrade as needed throughout the product lifecycle. This means the PC and display4 of this zero-footprint desktop can be upgraded and serviced independently of one another.
"IT leaders are faced with pressure to keep costs down while giving employees flexibility and freedom to work in ways they're most productive. As more organizations move to open floor plans, they're looking for technology that maximizes desk space, employee productivity and IT investments," said Dave Lincoln, vice president of Fixed Computing, Dell. "Thirty-five years ago, Dell disrupted the way PCs were made and delivered to the world. With the OptiPlex 7070 Ultra, we are changing the category again, with an innovative desktop solution that's hidden in plain sight."
Dell's customer research shows companies like the ability to upgrade their systems. They also enjoy the aesthetics of the All-in-One. Because customers tend to upgrade their computers more frequently than their displays, the independent upgradability of the Ultra brings the best of the traditional desktop and the All-in-One together into a single, new, innovative platform.
Flexible, Upgradable, Innovative Design
The OptiPlex 7070 Ultra features configurable elements for ultimate flexibility and performance. Key features include:
- Independent upgrade of the PC and display5, so customers can swap out, upgrade or service any part at any time
- A monitor stand that integrates the PC within and includes physical security options designed to protect against tampering
- Flexible configurations ideal for multi-user, open-plan workspaces
- Configurable to different use cases or work styles with compatible products like a height adjustable stand, fixed stand, VESA mount, Dell Single Monitor Arm | MSA20 for superior adjustability and Dell Dual Monitor Arm | MDA20 for added desk agility
- Performance and scalability to match users' needs, up to Intel® Core™ vPro™ i7 processors, 64GB6 of RAM, 1TB7 NVMe SSD and 2TB HDD
Additionally, a recent Dell study shows that using two monitors can boost worker productivity by up to 21%8. The Ultra can support up to three displays9 – from 19 to 27 inches – for increased productivity. Power, data, video and audio are transmitted in one single cable when the Ultra is paired with Dell USB-C monitors.
New OptiPlex 7071Tower Brings Immersive VR Consumption Capabilities to the Office
Dell also introduced the new OptiPlex 7071 Tower, ideal for businesses using VR content10 for activities such as training and sales environments. With premium performance, multiple expansion options and accessories tailored to the needs of today's users, it's the desktop that offers enhanced productivity options for everyday tasks. The most powerful OptiPlex yet, it can be configured with 9th Gen Intel® Core™ processors up to the new 95W, 8-core Core i9 processor with optional Intel vPro technology.
OptiPlex Optimized with Dell Technologies Unified Workspace
Earlier this year, Dell Technologies announced Unified Workspace, a visionary approach to end-user computing designed to give workers a frustration-free, ready-to-work experience while empowering IT with automated, open and intelligent management solutions. The new OptiPlex portfolio is optimized with Dell Technologies Unified Workspace so IT can easily deploy, secure, manage and support these devices, and users can be productive on day one.
North America Availability:
- The Dell OptiPlex 7070 Ultra will be available on September 24 with an average price of $749.
- The Dell OptiPlex 7071 Tower will be available on September 24.
- For more information visit https://dellemc.com/en-us/optiplex/optiplex-7070-ultra-coming-soon.htm https://dellemc.com/en-us/optiplex/optiplex-7071-tower-coming-soon.htm
- Connect with Dell via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Follow the latest news on Twitter from @Dell
About Dell Technologies
Dell Technologies (NYSE:DELL) is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work and live. The company provides customers with the industry's broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio spanning from edge to core cloud. The Dell Technologies family includes Dell, Dell EMC, Pivotal, RSA, Secureworks, Virtustream, and VMware.
Copyright © 2019 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell Technologies, Dell, EMC, Dell EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1 Based on Dell internal analysis of competitive products, June 2019. Ultra 7070 supports Dell and 3rd Party VESA Displays up to 27", sold separately. Zero footprint solution requires OptiPlex 7070 Ultra Fixed or Height Adjustable Stand, supporting VESA mounted displays up to 24" and 27", respectively.
2 Based on Dell internal analysis of competitive products, June 2019.
3 Compatible display(s) sold separately.
4 Compatible display(s) sold separately.
5 Compatible display(s) sold separately.
6 System memory may be used to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors.
7 Hard Drive capacity varies with preloaded material and will be less.
8 Source: Based on Principled Technologies Report commissioned by Dell, "Improve productivity with the new Dell P Series monitors in a dual-display configuration", November 2018, comparing Dell 24 USB-C Monitor – P2419H/HC and Dell 24 Monitor – P2414H/HC. Actual results will vary. Full report: https://www.principledtechnologies.com/Dell/P2419H_monitor_productivity_1118.pdf
9 Compatible display(s) sold separately.
10 Optional 460W PSU and discreet graphics required to experience virtual reality content.