19 Oct, 2021, 07:30 ET
NEW YORK, Oct. 19, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global market for phytochemicals is expected to surge at a CAGR of 9.8% over the next ten years, as per a newly revised study by Persistence Market Research.
Phytochemicals are compounds found in plants and plant-based foods and have a number of health benefits. They help in providing flavor, color, and fragrance to food. Increased research in the sector has helped scientists discover different uses of phytochemicals in the pharmaceuticals industry. Phytochemicals have been known to reduce the risk of cancer and many other chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart diseases, stroke, Alzheimer's, and Parkinsons. The pharmaceutical industry is keenly looking for its increased use in the preparation of various medicines for such diseases.
In 2020, BASF SE approved five active ingredients through the COSMOS-standard as the products were sourced and produced ethically and organically. The company is the largest provider of active ingredient natural cosmetics. 145 cosmetic ingredients of BASF SE are COSMO-registered globally.
Request for sample PDF of report: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/samples/29875
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- East Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa have high potential for market growth, at expected CAGRs of 11.5%, 10.7%, and 10.1%, respectively.
- Europe and North America hold the highest share in the market on the basis of consumption of plant-based and healthy nutritious food, with a market share of more than 55% collectively.
- Based on type of phytochemicals, polyphenols and carotenoids are consumed more since they are extensively used in food & beverages, pharmaceuticals, dietary supplements, and cosmetics, collectively accounting for more than 60% of phytochemicals being consumed worldwide.
- Demand for carotenoids and flavonoids are expected to rise at a greater CAGR as they are used to treat skin diseases and as dietary supplements. Expected CAGR is 10.6% and 10.0% for carotenoids and flavonoids, respectively, for the forecast period.
- Along with pharmaceuticals, the cosmetics and personal care sector is expected to achieve a greater market share in phytochemical application, rising at a CAGR of 10.7%.
"Phytochemicals have numerous applications in nutraceuticals, cosmetics and personal care, animal feed, and food and beverages. However, extensive research on phytochemicals for use in pharmaceuticals will increase their use for medicinal purposes, which is anticipated to drive demand over the coming years," says a Persistence Market Research analyst.
Get customized report by asking an expert: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/ask-an-expert/29875
Major players in the market are involved in strategic acquisitions as well as acquiring various quality certifications to ensure standard quality of the product for a wider reach and global and regional acceptability.
- Chr. Hansen Holding A/S sources premium ingredients from all around the world with the view of creating unique formulations for its customers. The company follows various procedures with certificates of analysis, which guarantee product quality from each of the suppliers along with testing and re-testing before the ingredient becomes a part of its products.
- Kothari Phytochemicals and Industries Ltd. has received numerous certifications to deliver its products across multiple regions such as North America, Europe, Latin America, and East Asia. The company holds various international standards such as US FDA, Apotex, Government of Mexico, Government of Japan, WHO-GMP, and Government of Italy.
- Phyto Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd. focuses on offering high standard quality, reliability, and certified products to its customers. The company holds various certificates to validate its product quality and authenticity, such as GMP, Halal, non-GMO, organic kosher, ISO, HACCP, and gluten-free.
Get full access of report: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/checkout/29875
Explore More Valuable Insights
Persistence Market Research, in its new report, offers an impartial analysis of the global phytochemicals market, presenting historical data (2016-2020) and estimation statistics for the forecast period of 2021-2031.
The study offers compelling insights on the basis of type (carotenoids, flavonoids, phytosterols, polyphenols, and others) and application (food & beverages, cosmetics and personal care, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, animal feed, and others), across seven major regions of the world.
About Persistence Market Research:
Persistence Market Research (PMR), as a 3rd-party research organization, does operate through an exclusive amalgamation of market research and data analytics for helping businesses ride high, irrespective of the turbulence faced on the account of financial/natural crunches.
Persistence Market Research is always way ahead of its time. In other words, it tables market solutions by stepping into the companies'/clients' shoes much before they themselves have a sneak pick into the market. The pro-active approach followed by experts at Persistence Market Research helps companies/clients lay their hands on techno-commercial insights beforehand, so that the subsequent course of action could be simplified on their part.
Persistence Market Research
U.S. Sales Office:
305 Broadway, 7th Floor
New York City, NY 10007
USA - Canada Toll-Free: 800-961-0353
Email: [email protected]
Visit Our Website: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com
SOURCE Persistence Market Research Pvt. Ltd.
Share this article