NEW YORK, April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- DemandGen Report has announced the winners of the First Annual Killer Content Awards, recognizing organizations that have raised the bar in content marketing tactics. Winners were honored at an awards ceremony yesterday at The Times Center in Manhattan, as part of DemandGen Report's B2B Content2Conversion Conference, an industry-first educational and networking event focused on helping B2B marketers develop, map, measure and optimize content marketing strategies.
"Content collateral — such as E-books, white papers, webinars and infographics — helps B2B organizations speak to their prospects' buying needs and pain points," says Andrew Gaffney, Editor, DemandGen Report. "The Killer Content Award winners have demonstrated a clear understanding of how to create engaging conversations with today's B2B buyers."
Each winner is profiled in the 2012 Killer Content Awards Report with a short description of the company's goals and content objectives, and is given "Killer Kudos" for their development strategy, as well as "Metrics & Qualifiers" to validate the success of their initiatives.
Following is a list of winners and recognized content collateral:
- Leveraged Rackspace employees to give a sneak peak to engineers, support, product marketing and developers so they could share within their own social networks
- Developed a syndication plan that enabled the company to cut costs and focus budget on creative
- Overall 50% increase in traffic to product homepage
Video: "B2B Marketing [r]Evolution"
- Catered to today's time-starved buyer with a 4-minute video
- Educated the company's target buyer
- Revenue is up 257% year-over-year in Q1 2012
E-book: "Social Media ProBook"
- Built on existing content momentum of Social Media PlayBook
- Enlisted subject matter experts to create a viral effect
- Garnered more than 75,000 views on SlideShare
Infographic: "Is Pinterest The Next Social Game Changer?"
- Established an understanding of a critical objective for prospects (how to utilize Pinterest to garner customers)
- Found the right ally (shared infographic exclusively with Mashable)
- Feature story in Mashable garnered nearly 17,000 social shares
E-book: "The Roadmap to Scalable and Sustainable Sales Transformation"
- Positioned Richardson as a thought leader by providing expert insight
- Offered educational value for prospects to compete in a shifting market
- Accounted for close to $100,000 in pipeline contribution
E-book: "Five Simple Steps to Becoming a Content Curation Rock Star (in 19 Minutes or Less)"
- Found the right audience: launched in conjunction with HiveFire's presence at SXSW
- Integrated real world examples of content marketing success
- Garnered more than 2,000 downloads
E-book: "How to Use Pinterest For Business"
- Tapped into growing interest in Pinterest
- Investigated how B2B marketers can benefit from the site and use it as a lead generation tool
- Generated nearly 52,000 leads
8. Kelly Services
Cross channel content program
- Relaunched traditional web site to focus on content
- Utilized a variety of channels (SlideShare; Twitter; iPad app; LinkedIn; webcasting) to fuel discussions and generate subscribers
- Marketing qualified leads increased 300%+ year-over-year to end of 2011
9. BlueBird Strategies
- Collaborated with 3VR, a video intelligence company, to create targeted content offers for syndication programs
- Provided an educational piece on the benefits of video analytics and data decision-making to grow businesses
- The content syndication program captured a total of 446 leads in a five-month period across its four target industries
10. Mason Zimbler
Infographic: "Fixed Assets: The Big Picture"
- Addressed key prospect question: "How will managing my fixed assets benefit my company?"
- Created a seeding strategy to drive traffic to the Sage Fixed Assets blog, where the infographic was hosted.
- Garnered nearly 445,000 brand impressions
11. TSL Marketing
Content Marketing Program
- Enlisted editorial schedule to manage content program
- Catered to various format preferences
- Last webinar garnered more than 250 global registrants
12. Manticore Technology
E-Book: "Lead Nurturing Cookbook"
- Follow up to the company's "Quintessential Marketing Automation Guide"
- Appealed to both decision-makers and users during the consideration and project phases of the buyer journey.
- Spotlighted how to nurture leads in response to specific marketing activities
Click here to download a complimentary copy of the 2012 Killer Content Awards Report.
About DemandGen Report
DemandGen Report (DGR) is a targeted e-media publication spotlighting the strategies and solutions that help Business-2-Business (B2B) companies better align sales, marketing and disparate teams to support growth and drive revenue. DGR content and news coverage focuses on the sales and marketing automation tools that enable companies to better measure and manage multichannel demand generation efforts. DemandGen Report is the only information source directly focused on this rapidly emerging business discipline.
CONTACT: Nick Bhutani, +1-201-257-8528
SOURCE DemandGen Report