SAN MATEO, Calif., March 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- DemandTec, Inc. (Nasdaq: DMAN), the collaborative optimization network for retailers and consumer products companies, today unveiled expanded sales and marketing optimization solutions on the DemandTec network. DemandTec also announced it has completed the acquisition of M-Factor, Inc., a premier provider of predictive analytics software.
With the completed acquisition of M-Factor, DemandTec now provides the industry's only analytical decision making platform with marketing mix, trade promotion, and shopper marketing optimization capabilities. DemandTec Decisions™ further supports coordinated top-down and bottom-up planning, an agile, dynamic planning cadence, and collaboration with retailers using shopper insights and other shared analytics.
"DemandTec Decisions™ completely changes how our customers will manage critical pricing, promotion, shopper marketing, and assortment planning decisions," said Dan Fishback, President and Chief Executive Officer of DemandTec. "Our vision is to liberate the industry from antiquated, disconnected approaches to sales and marketing decision making that have hamstrung them for the last 50 years. It's time to shift to a more dynamic, holistic, and collaborative planning model that drives better decisions, better results, and more value to the retailers and shoppers as well."
"Making highly informed strategic marketing and trade planning decisions is core to our business," said Larry Martin, Vice President of Global Marketing at Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. "M-Factor has been a trusted partner to Ocean Spray, and we are excited about their new home at DemandTec and expanded solution offering."
DemandTec Decisions™ spans three software solutions and their component services on the DemandTec network.
The new DemandTec Marketing Plan Optimization™ solution comprises two new services:
- Strategic Marketing Planning: enabling executive management and brand management to continually test the impact of shifting capital across marketing and trade categories, and different marketing vehicles with visibility into critical volume and profit metrics.
- Marketing Mix Insights: providing marketing and brand management with detailed marketing mix performance and recommended allocations across vehicles, with insight into volume, profit, and performance metrics.
The expanded DemandTec Total Trade Optimization™ solution comprises four software services:
- Strategic Trade Planning: a new software service enabling headquarter-driven funds allocation and price and promotion simulation across broad geographies, accounts, and brands. These insights can guide and inform downstream customer trade planning decisions.
- Customer Trade Planning (formerly Trade Planning & Optimization): enabling customer-facing teams to develop and simulate individual price and promotion events, and entire category plans.
- Advanced Deal Management: enabling customer-facing teams to build, negotiate, submit, and archive trade promotions commitments with retail trading partners on the network.
- Post-Event Analysis: delivering detailed event analytics for prior promotions to support more effective future planning decisions.
The DemandTec Shopper Marketing Optimization™ solution comprises two services that directly leverage retail customer data and collaborative business processes on the DemandTec network:
- Shopper Insights: delivering retailer-specific shopper analytics in reporting dashboards and embedded within DemandTec's marketing and trade optimization software services.
- Assortment Optimization: enabling category managers and customer planning teams to make strategic assortment decisions based on models that use retailer store-level data and quantify incrementality and transferable demand.
"The acquisition is consistent with a much needed approach of optimizing both consumer and trade activities in order to increase collaboration and flexibility," said Dale Hagemeyer, Managing Vice President for Consumer Goods at Gartner, Inc. "We believe it will facilitate more strategic thought processes across the enterprise."
DemandTec is a network of shared tools and services for more than 340 retailers and consumer products companies to transact, interact, and collaborate on core merchandising and marketing activities. During the last 12 months, a community of 14,000 active end-users on DemandTec collaborated on 1.2 million trade deals.
Customers and Partner Webinar
DemandTec will host a webinar on Thursday, March 17 to highlight the DemandTec Decisions™ industry value proposition. This call is open to DemandTec customers and partners only. For additional information about the acquisition of M-Factor or to register for the webinar, please visit here.
DemandTec (NASDAQ: DMAN) connects more than 340 retailers and consumer products companies, providing common tools to transact, interact, and collaborate on core merchandising and marketing activities. DemandTec's services enable customers to achieve their sales volume, revenue, shopper loyalty, and profitability objectives. DemandTec customers have collaborated on nearly four million trade deals. DemandTec software and analytical services utilize a science-based platform to model and understand consumer behavior. DemandTec customers include leading retailers and consumer products companies such as Ahold USA, Best Buy, ConAgra Foods, Delhaize America, General Mills, H-E-B Grocery Co., The Home Depot, Hormel Foods, Monoprix, PETCO, Safeway, Sara Lee, Target, Walmart, and WH Smith.
DemandTec Safe Harbor
This press release contains forward-looking statements regarding DemandTec's expectations, hopes, plans, intentions or strategies, including statements about the benefits of DemandTec's solutions and the acquisition. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties include those described in DemandTec's documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to DemandTec as of the date hereof, and DemandTec assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
DemandTec and the DemandTec logo are registered trademarks of DemandTec, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE DemandTec, Inc.