WOBURN, Mass., June 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Demandware, Inc., the global leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced the availability of Summer '10, the new seasonal release of the market-leading on-demand platform, Demandware eCommerce. Delivered free to all Demandware clients through automatic upgrades, Summer '10 contains more than 40 new ecommerce features, including powerful new optimization capabilities that enable merchandisers to deliver tailored user experiences across all digital channels, including web, mobile and call center.
Building on Demandware's Active Merchandising® industry-leading merchandising capabilities, Demandware eCommerce becomes the first platform to empower retailers with the ability to easily test and optimize data-driven merchandising across all digital consumer channels, including websites, mobile storefronts, and now, in the call center. By A/B testing dynamic merchandising rules such as personalization and searchandising, retailers can optimize the display of products, promotions and search sort orders for consumers to create more relevant shopping experiences. In addition, through one easy-to-use interface, retailers can set up Active Merchandising rules for both registered and unregistered customers, and test their performance simultaneously across the web storefront, mobile and call center. With Demandware eCommerce, retailers can now build, run and manage optimized merchandising from one environment and across all consumer touch points, creating merchandising efficiency and effectiveness unmatched by other ecommerce platforms.
"We've seen dramatic results from the Active Merchandising functionality in Demandware eCommerce. The ability to automate and use data to drive the sort order and featured items within our site categories and email campaigns has been a tremendous time-saver. My team spends 8-10 fewer weeks on these tasks, freeing them up to pursue other projects," said Max Harris, director of ecommerce, Gardener's Supply. "And now with the power to optimize user experiences, we're going to take it even further. As a long-time Demandware customer, we know that every seasonal release will help us stay ahead of the innovation curve. And it's easy for our marketing and merchandising teams to use the new features – with little support from IT."
The Summer '10 release of Demandware eCommerce includes the following new functionality:
- Merchandising Optimization – Merchandisers can easily create, conduct, measure and review A/B tests to optimize conversion rates and average order size across web, mobile and call center channels. They can also easily set up and simultaneously test multiple promotions, content assets, search rules and more.
- Advanced Customer Targeting – Creating dynamic customer groups for both registered and anonymous customers is now easier than ever. Retailers can present all site visitors with content tailored to their preferences – even first time customers. Merchandisers can populate dynamic content based on customer session data, such as the customer's referrer URL, referrer keywords, locale of the customer's request, the customer's active source code group, and any additional session data that a retailer defines.
- Call Center Application – The Call Center application now enables merchants to push product content, recommendations and promotions dynamically to call center agents for increasing the average order value of phone-based transactions. This functionality complements and extends the core Call Center capabilities, which include the ability to view and search all merchandising and product content from web and mobile storefronts, view and edit all online order information, create, modify and cancel orders on behalf of the customer, and grant appeasements.
- Mobile Storefront Merchandising Enhancements – The Mobile Commerce storefront now leverages the power of Active Merchandising to present personalized content, search results and promotions to all mobile consumers, across all major smartphone browsers. It's the only mobile commerce application capable of optimizing the mobile shopping experience through rich A/B testing capabilities.
- More Robust Development APIs – Developers now have access to additional APIs across the catalog, pricing, promotions, shipping, search, orders and more for ease of integration with ecommerce and multichannel applications.
- Multisite Enhancements – New site-specific attributes, price book handling and localization improvements make it easier to manage multiple, global ecommerce sites.
"Today's digital consumers expect consistent, differentiated experiences on all the devices they use to engage a brand -- phone, mobile and the PC," said Jamus Driscoll, vice president of marketing for Demandware. "The Summer '10 release of Demandware eCommerce provides retailers with everything they need to excel in the digital commerce age: centralized merchandising optimization tools for driving differentiated online retailing, and integrated applications for storefront, mobile and call center that deliver consistent experiences for the digital consumer."
About Demandware, Inc.
The trusted, global leader in on-demand ecommerce, Demandware revolutionizes how businesses deliver customized shopping experiences to consumers in the digital world. Only Demandware combines the on-demand ecommerce platform rated #1 by industry analysts, an open ecosystem of partners that extend the value of the platform, and measurable commitment by its employees to enabling client revenue growth. Demandware continually sets industry standards for market innovation and client satisfaction. Demandware clients include industry leaders such as Bare Escentuals, Barneys New York, Columbia Sportswear, Crocs, Frederick's of Hollywood, Hanover Direct, Jones Apparel Group, Lifetime Brands, Michaels Stores, Panasonic and Reitmans. For more information about Demandware, visit www.demandware.com, call 888-553-9216 or email email@example.com.
SOURCE Demandware, Inc.