WOBURN, Mass., Dec. 6, 2010 /PRNewswire/ --
- Demandware, Inc., the global leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced that Rockport, a leading brand within the adidas portfolio and manufacturer of stylish and walkable footwear for metropolitan professionals worldwide, has selected Demandware® Commerce as its new ecommerce platform.
- Rockport has a heritage of innovation and offers comfortable footwear for men and women worldwide. The Rockport Company was established in the United States in 1971 and is headquartered in Canton, Massachusetts.
- Replacing its legacy ecommerce solution, Rockport chose Demandware Commerce for its efficient and flexible on-demand model and the ability to gain more control over their overall merchandising and marketing initiatives.
- New features of the re-launched Rockport.com site will include enhanced customer profiles, trend-driven merchandising, ability to compare selected shoes and send to a friend for help in choosing from multiple styles and product ratings and reviews to name a few.
- Rockport's new online store, being built on the Demandware Commerce platform, is scheduled to officially launch in the US in the January timeframe, with plans to add multiple international sites later in the year.
- To streamline and lower the integration hurdles and costs associated with adopting ecommerce technologies, Rockport tapped into the Demandware LINK community of technology partners to leverage pre-built integrations from Bazaarvoice and ExactTarget.
- Demandware Commerce is the only platform to combine best practice customer experience applications for ecommerce and mobile commerce, a sophisticated cross-channel merchandising engine, an open development environment for full platform customization and extension and the efficiency and power of next-generation cloud computing.
"Working with a partner who could give us control over our ecommerce initiatives and support our growth strategy was a key factor in our overall decision," said Peter Shea, head of ecommerce, Rockport. "Demandware provides the perfect combination of powerful ecommerce functionality and operational efficiency that will allow us to focus on growing the channel. This implementation will immediately take our ecommerce operations to the next level and enable us to keep up with the increasingly sophisticated demands of today's consumer."
"Rockport is an innovator constantly pushing their materials and technologies to the next level to deliver only the highest quality shoes," said Jamus Driscoll, vice president of marketing, Demandware. "We are proud that Rockport, like so many other high-profile apparel brands, has chosen Demandware as the platform that powers their online presence."
Connect With Us!
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/demandware
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/demandware
- Demandware Blog - http://blog.demandware.com/
The Rockport Company, LLC, is a leading brand within the adidas Group corporate portfolio and one of the most recognized footwear brands in the United States. Rockport has a heritage of innovation and offers stylish, comfortable footwear for men and women worldwide. The Rockport Company, LLC, was established in the United States in 1971 and is headquartered in Canton, Massachusetts. The company currently distributes footwear to more than 55 markets worldwide. For more information visit www.rockport.com.
About Demandware, Inc.
The trusted, global leader in on-demand ecommerce, Demandware revolutionizes how businesses deliver customized shopping experiences to consumers in the digital world. Only Demandware combines the on-demand ecommerce platform rated #1 by industry analysts, an open ecosystem of partners that extend the value of the platform, and measurable commitment by its employees to enabling client revenue growth. Demandware continually sets industry standards for market innovation and client satisfaction. Demandware clients include industry leaders such as Bare Escentuals, Barneys New York, Callaway Golf, Columbia Sportswear, Crocs, Hanover Direct, Jones Apparel Group, Lifetime Brands, Michaels Stores, Neckermann, Panasonic, Reitmans, s.Oliver and Theory. For more information about Demandware, visit www.demandware.com, call 888-553-9216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Demandware, Inc.