WOBURN, Mass., Oct. 25 /PRNewswire/ --
- Demandware, Inc., the global leader in on-demand ecommerce, was among the select companies that Forrester Research, Inc. invited to participate in its October 2010 Forrester Wave™ report, B2C eCommerce Platforms: Q4 2010.
- In this evaluation, Demandware was cited as a Leader in B2C ecommerce platforms based on Forrester's 111 evaluation criteria for the top 12 global enterprise B2C ecommerce platforms.
- The company was one of the top ranked in terms of "Strategy" and received high marks for its "Current Offering," particularly in "site management" and "ecommerce features."
- Demandware progressed significantly from the previous Forrester Wave: B2C eCommerce Platforms, Q1 2009, when it was named a Strong Performer. The company attributes its new position as Leader to its best-in-class ecommerce functionality and the increased adoption and recognition of on-demand as a better operational model for ecommerce.
- The “Forrester Wave™ report, B2C eCommerce Platforms: Q4 2010” states: “Demandware continues to mature as a platform with improved business management tools and enablement of customized sites through its SaaS platform. Demandware has a strong vision for the platform, which, if executed, will position it well in the future as firms enable eCommerce through an evermore diverse set of customer touchpoints. Demandware’s LINK program has also been an innovation enabling third-party point solution providers to integrate once to its platform, from which Demandware clients can implement these solutions on their sites with no integration costs.”
"Demandware has experienced phenomenal growth over the past 18 months. Since the 2009 publication of the Forrester Wave report, we've launched more than 100 sites for clients, and released hundreds of new ecommerce features and enhancements, including Active Merchandising and mobile commerce," said Jamus Driscoll, vice president of marketing, Demandware. "As you can see from the latest rankings, Demandware is not standing still. Year over year comparisons show that Demandware has progressed more than any other platform provider evaluated in the Forrester Wave. As the pace of technology continues to drive consumer interaction with the brand, retailers need a business partner that is moving at the same speed."
About Demandware, Inc.
The trusted, global leader in on-demand ecommerce, Demandware revolutionizes how businesses deliver customized shopping experiences to consumers in the digital world. Only Demandware combines the on-demand ecommerce platform rated #1 by industry analysts, an open ecosystem of partners that extend the value of the platform, and measurable commitment by its employees to enabling client revenue growth. Demandware continually sets industry standards for market innovation and client satisfaction. Demandware clients include industry leaders such as Bare Escentuals, Barneys New York, Callaway Golf, Columbia Sportswear, Crocs, Hanover Direct, Jones Apparel Group, Lifetime Brands, Michaels Stores, Neckermann, Panasonic, Reitmans, s.Oliver and Theory. For more information about Demandware, visit www.demandware.com, call 888-553-9216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Demandware, Inc.