Sep 21, 2021, 04:05 ET
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 21, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global dental caries detectors market size is expected to reach USD 512.0 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 8.9% from 2021 to 2028. Dental caries detection devices assist in evaluating enamel structure for conditions like caries or micro-fractures in the tooth before sealant placement. Caries detection devices assist in the primary detection of dental caries, which might lead to early diagnosis by the dental professional. Factors like the increasing prevalence of caries, increasing awareness about oral health, and rising advancement in dental diagnostic are expected to propel the market growth.
Key Insights & Findings:
- Based on product, laser fluorescent caries detector held the largest market share in 2020 as it is the most opted method owing to its ability to diagnose occlusal caries lesions in permanent teeth and enamel and dentin caries
- By end-use, dental clinics held the largest share in 2020 as they are readily adopting an advanced diagnostic system to treat dental caries
- North America dominated the global market in 2020 owing to the increasing demand for new technologies, a large pool of key players, rising prevalence of dental disorders, and advanced healthcare infrastructure
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR over the forecast period due to the rising prevalence of dental caries and the presence of key players
Read 100 page market research report, "Dental Caries Detectors Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Laser Fluorescent Caries Detector, Fiber Optic Trans-illumination Caries Detector), By End-use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028", by Grand View Research
Dental caries is the most prevalent and preventable dental condition, which if identified early, can be treated by non-invasive techniques. According to the WHO, as of 2017, around 2.3 billion people suffer from caries of permanent teeth and more than 530 million children suffer from caries of primary teeth. Changing lifestyle, high sugar consumption, and less awareness about oral hygiene in low- and middle-income countries are the most common causes for the prevalence of caries.
Moreover, technological advancement in caries detection devices that assures high accuracy and sensitivity for diagnosing caries lesions is expected to propel market growth. For instance, Digital Imaging Fiber Optic Trans-illumination technique has an accuracy of 90% and the images can be stored digitally by the professionals, assisting in providing quality treatment to the patient.
In the light of COVID-19, the global market was hampered as the footfall of patient appointments for surgical treatments was temporarily suspended. However, since the governments in many countries have allowed resuming elective surgical procedures, clinics have also started orthodontic procedures again by adhering to strict Covid-19 protocols. Moreover, many dentists believe that there will be a surge in oral care and dental treatments post-Covid-19 crisis and this is expected to propel the market growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global dental caries detectors market on the basis of product, end-use, and region:
- Dental Caries Detectors Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Laser Fluorescent Caries Detector
- Fiber Optic Trans-illumination Caries Detector
- Dental Caries Detectors End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Dental Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Dental Caries Detectors Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Dental Caries Detectors Market
- Dentsply Sirona
- Kavo Dental
- Quantum Dental Technologies, Inc.
- Acteon Group
- Hu-Friedy Mfg. Co.
- AdDent, Inc.
- DentLight, Inc.
- Air Techniques, Inc.
Check out more studies related to dental treatment procedures and devices, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Dental Equipment Market – The global dental equipment market size was valued at USD 5.4 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.1% from 2021 to 2028. Dental equipment are the tools used to examine, manipulate, treat, and restore any oral ailments.
- Dental Services Market – The global dental services market size was valued at USD 302.7 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% from 2021 to 2028. The diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of dental disorders are covered under dental services that are provided by dentists and dental professionals.
- Intraoral Cameras Market – The global intraoral cameras market size was valued at over USD 1.6 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.9% from 2021 to 2028. The increasing prevalence of dental caries is anticipated to drive the market.
Browse through Grand View Research's coverage of the Global Medical Devices Industry
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.
Share this article