LONDON, Aug. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The global dental consumables market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2016 to 2021, to reach USD 35.35 billion by 2021 from USD 25.45 billion in 2016. The growth of this market is mainly attributed to rapid rise in geriatric population, growing dental tourism in emerging markets, rising incidences of dental caries and other periodontal diseases, growing disposable incomes (resulting in increased willingness to spend out-of-pocket), rising demand for cosmetic dentistry, and increasing dental care expenditure. However the high cost and limited reimbursement for dental care and shortage of dental professionals are expected to restrain the growth of this market to certain extent.
In this report, the dental consumables market is segmented on the basis of type-of-product, type-of-end user, and region. On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into dental restoration, orthodontics, periodontics, endodontics, infection control products, finishing and polishing products, whitening products, and other dental consumables. The dental restoration segment accounted for the largest share of the global dental consumables market in 2015 owing to its wide utilization by dental professionals for the teeth regeneration and restoration procedures. Based on type of end-users, the market is segmented into dental hospitals and clinics, dental academic and research institutes, and forensic laboratories.
Geographically, the global dental consumables market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. In 2015, Europe commanded a major share of the dental consumables market.
This is mainly due to the region's aging population, governmental expenditure on oral healthcare across Europe, and the high reimbursement rate. Moreover, Europe is the region of origin of implant dentistry; therefore, the penetration rate of dental implants is also very high in this region. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period. Growth in the Asia-Pacific market can be attributed to the increasing number of geriatric population, growing number of dental diseases, growing dental expenditure, and increasing number of dental hospitals and clinics.
Some of the prominent players in the dental consumables market include Institut Straumann AG (Switzerland), Danaher Corporation (U.S.), DENTSPLY Sirona, Inc. (U.S.), Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. (U.S.), 3M Company (U.S.), Ultradent Products, Inc. (U.S.), Young Innovations Inc. (U.S.), Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. (Japan), GC Corporation (Japan), Henry Schein, Inc. (U.S.), and Dentatus USA Ltd. (U.S.).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms in garnering a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product and service development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for increasing their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the service portfolios offered by the top players in the dental consumables market. The report analyzes the dental consumables market by product, end user, and region
- Product and Service Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming trends, research and development activities, and new product and service launches in the dental consumables market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets by services and region
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new services, growing geographies, recent developments, and investments in the dental consumables market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products and services, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the dental consumables market
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4046915/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers