SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 27, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global dental fillings market size is projected to reach USD 9.08 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.2% over the forecast period. Growing patient awareness regarding the severity of dental diseases and the rising number of professional dental surgeons across the globe are some of the major market drivers. According to the America Dental Association, about 195,722 dentists were practicing in U.S. in 2015, this number is expected to grow by 7.9% by 2035.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Direct filling segment is expected to hold the leading market share over the forecast period, owing to quick placement nature of the procedure
- Indirect filling segment is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period owing to increasing demand for veneers and dentures
- Europe dominated the dental fillings market in 2018, owing to high prevalence of dental caries and gum diseases in the region
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow lucratively over the forecast period owing to increasing patient pool, especially in developing countries
- Few of the key market players include SDI Limited, Coltene Whaledent, Dentsply Sirona, GC America, DenMat Holdings, Kettenbach, DMG Chemisch-Pharmazeutische Fabrik, Kerr Corporation, Kuraray Noritake Dental, and Pentron Clinical Technologies
Read 110 page research report with ToC on "Dental Fillings Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Filling Type (Direct, Indirect), By Region (North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East & Africa), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/dental-fillings-market
Rising efforts for developing new tooth filling materials and techniques is anticipated to create growth opportunities in the market. Scientists have discovered a drug called Tideglusib, for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. This drug stimulates stem cells at the source of new dentine and promotes natural teeth regrowth mechanism. It can allow repair the tooth cavity. Such research activities are anticipated to drive the growth of the dental fillings market in the forthcoming years.
Rising awareness and ban by the EU governments on the use mercury in dental fillings is expected to hinder the market growth. The dental amalgam is proved unsafe, especially for children and pregnant women as it is 50% mercury. If digested, it can damage cardiovascular, renal, and nervous system. Hence, the material is banned in Europe. Nonetheless, growing use of alternatives, such as porcelain, gold, and composite resins is anticipated to create growth opportunities for the market in near future.
Dentistry is expected to play a major role in medical tourism in countries like India. Dental services are economically priced in these countries as compared to the developed nations. The growing medical tourism market in other emerging countries of Asia Pacific like Thailand, Singapore, and Malaysia is expected to drive the demand for dental filling in the forthcoming years.
Grand View Research has segmented the global dental fillings market based on fillings type and region:
- Dental Filling Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Glass Ionomer
- Other Direct Fillings
- All ceramic
- Metal Alloys
- Other Indirect Fillings
- Dental Filling Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Traditional Wound Management Market– The global traditional wound management market size was valued at USD 5.43 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.6% over the forecast period.
- Dental Cement Market – Growing prevalence of dental disorders and technological & material advancements are among the factors expected to drive the market over the forecast period. In addition, growing demand for cosmetic dentistry is anticipated to fuel the growth.
- Endoscopy Devices Market – Increase in preference for minimally invasive endoscopic procedures and global geriatric population are key factors boosting demand for endoscopes.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.