SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- With a mission to make art accessible to anyone and support the thriving artist economy, today depict (depict.com) launched its curated digital art platform available now online and through the Apple app store. The platform allows anyone to easily discover, share, collect and bring exclusive digital art into their physical spaces, at an affordable price.
"We believe in an 'artist first' approach," says Kim Gordon, CEO and founder of depict. "We saw the need to not only make new types of art accessible to everyone but also offer a platform where artists can make money and share their artwork globally. Depict gives everyone, from the art novice to the connoisseur, an opportunity to own something that is both unique and beautiful at an accessible price."
Supporting and driving innovation in the art-tech space, depict has an in-house curatorial team that works closely with artists that contribute to the platform to offer artwork from all over the world. depict currently works with over 100 artists across many different categories, disciplines and media.
Features and benefits include:
- A New Way to View Blank Screens – Use any screen as a blank canvas. Art purchased through depict can be used to fill the blank spaces in your home, including TVs, monitors, laptops, tablets and phones.
- Supporting the Artist Community – To build a new economy for artists, depict gives 60 percent of limited edition revenue to the artist in addition to royalties for any artwork distributed for subscription use.
- Eliminating Piracy – Depict has a patent pending and proprietary digital watermark technology. All art available on depict is tracked to preserve its digital provenance.
- Exclusive to Depict – All art available on Depict can only be purchased through the platform. While some art comes from existing artist collections, many of the pieces are created exclusively for the depict community and cannot be seen anywhere else.
- 4K Ready, Ultra HD Quality Digital Art – All work is tested across various screen types to make sure it renders beautifully in high-definition and in full-bleed on any screen.
- Compatible with Any Device – depict art can be streamed through the depict iOS app, on the Web or through Chromecast and Airplay.
"Digital art is becoming a mainstay in the art ecosystem. Our curatorial team is able to select the most amazing digital artwork from various genres including video, animation, photography, painting, and collage said Amanda Schneider, curatorial director at depict. "the depict platform is an innovative way for established and up-and-coming artists to showcase their work to a global audience."
The subscription-based platform offers exclusive art with limited editions available for purchase. Subscriptions start at $15/month; members receive 10-15 pieces of curated art that is interchangeable on any screen they own. Limited edition art pieces start at $5, with higher price points for well-known artists. Collectors own any digital limited editions they purchase forever.
depict enables people to buy, sell, collect, discover, own and display art in their personal spaces. With depict art lovers can connect with art that inspires them anywhere, anytime and on any screen.
To-date, depict has raised $1.6M through investors including Bruce Gibney of Founders Fund, Jim Pallotta of Raptor Ventures and Thomas Andrae of 3M New Ventures.
With the goal of making art accessible, while also supporting the artist community, San Francisco-based depict provides tools for people to discover, share, collect and bring digital art into their physical spaces. In a world where technology is used to create efficiency – depict uses digital art to fuel inspiration and perspective onto the many screens we use daily. Stay in touch with depict by visiting https://depict.com/ or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and our blog.