SANTA MONICA, Calif., Feb. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Derycz Scientific, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: DYSC), a company pioneering a fresh way of facilitating information flow from content publishers to enterprise customers and their constituents, today announced that its subsidiary Reprints Desk, Inc.® has been named by KMWorld Magazine for the third consecutive year as one of the "100 Companies that Matter Most in Knowledge Management."
KMWorld is the leading information provider serving the Knowledge, Document and Content Management systems market. KMWorld, a publishing unit of Information Today, Inc., informs more than 45,000 subscribers about the components and processes - and subsequent success stories – that together offer solutions for improving business performance. KMWorld's annual "100 Companies that Matter Most in Knowledge Management" list, now in its eleventh year, is compiled by knowledge management practitioners, theorists, analysts, vendors, customers and their colleagues. Companies previously named to the list include Google, Apple, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, Adobe, EMC and IBM.
"Reprints Desk's inclusion on the list is based on the breadth and impact of its innovations to meet specific customer needs while adding true value to its entire chain of constituencies," said Hugh McKellar, KMWorld editor in chief.
Derycz Scientific CEO Peter Derycz said, "We are pleased that KMWorld once again has recognized Reprints Desk as one of the best in knowledge management, placing us among many elite companies in this or any field. We believe our inclusion on this year's list reflects Reprints Desk's many accomplishments last year. We continue to focus on innovation in designing services that save time and money, and improve workflows for professionals in information management, research, regulatory affairs, legal, medical affairs, and education, sales and marketing."
Among its 2010 achievements, Reprints Desk:
- Was named the exclusive reprints and eprints provider of journal article reprints for Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) and other publications produced by the American Medical Association (AMA).
- Gained rights to electronic distribution of articles from the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) through an agreement with the Massachusetts Medical Society, expanding the company's direct distribution agreements to cover the top three medical journals (NEJM, JAMA and The Lancet from Elsevier) in the world based on impact factor.
- Completed integration of its third customer list acquired from a competitor by adding more than 100 customers from TDI Library Services.
- Formed a pilot partnership with Netherlands-based Swets, one of the world's leading journal subscription management providers, to promote Reprints Desk's document delivery services around the world.
- Launched a new clinical reprints licensing and deployment service for pharmaceutical marketers who use multiple copies of a single eprint.
- Entered into a sales representative agreement with Copyright Clearance Center (CCC), wherein Reprints Desk became an authorized sales representative for Rightsphere. Rightsphere is the only CCC-validated rights management tool for accessing current and complete CCC license data and re-use permissions.
- Entered into a business alliance with Skura Corporation to provide licensing and delivery services for scientific journal article reprints from within Skura's Closed-Loop Marketing (CLM) software, which is used by life science companies to improve physician-detailing performance.
- Collaborated on the BETA launch of the Good Promotional Practices education portal with Prolifiq, a leading provider of sales content management software within the life sciences.
- Agreed to become a corporate sponsor of Room-to-Read, donating a portion of every article transaction to establish libraries in developing nations in support of literacy and gender equality.
About Reprints Desk®
Headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Reprints Desk provides business software and information services that simplify how individuals and research-intensive organizations procure, manage and share journal articles and other copyright-protected content. The company's content workflow and compliance solutions help customers effectively use peer-reviewed literature in research, regulatory submissions, medical affairs, and sales and marketing promotion. For more information, visit www.reprintsdesk.com.
About Derycz Scientific®
Derycz Scientific, Inc. develops companies, products, services and systems that facilitate the re-use of published content in a manner that helps organizations achieve their marketing, communication and research goals effectively and in compliance with copyright law and regulatory rules. Its subsidiary companies include Reprints Desk and Pools Press. Reprints Desk offers a one-stop solution for reprints, ePrints and single articles, and has delivered millions of articles worldwide. Reprints Desk is an innovator in content retrieval and ePrint delivery, and its services are designed to help make effective use of published articles in a copyright-compliant manner. Pools Press has excelled in the reprint market for more than 30 years. It provides professionally printed articles from medical and technical journals; prints booklets, catalogs, pamphlets, direct mail pieces and newsletters; and works with publishers who wish to outsource a portion of or all of their reprints business. For more information, please visit www.deryczscientific.com.
Certain matters discussed in this press release may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements are based on expectations and assumptions as of the date of this press release and are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements including the following: changes in economic conditions; general competitive factors; acceptance of the Company's products in the market; changes in the Company's customer contracts; the Company's success in obtaining new customers or extending existing customer agreements; the Company's success in technology and product development; the Company's ability to execute its business model and strategic plans; and all the risks and related information described from time to time in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including the financial statements, risk factors and related information contained in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K. The Company assumes no obligation to update the cautionary information in this release.
SOURCE Derycz Scientific, Inc.