NEW BRITAIN, Conn., April 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- DEWALT, known for innovating and engineering tools to withstand the harshest job sites and extreme use, has introduced the DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure, DEWALT's toughest tape measure yet featuring a tougher case, tougher blade coating, and tougher hook connection.1
Built around Dual-Core™ Technology – a patented spring system that utilizes two retracting springs in an impact-resistant, heavy-duty case – the DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure (DWHT36225) is reengineered from the inside out. The result is a compact, professional-duty ergonomic tape with a case designed for a better fit in the user's hand.
Using the DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure, builders and contractors alike will benefit from DEWALT's toughest blade yet, which features 13' of straighter, truer blade standout2, and a tougher hook connection reinforced to reduce breakage near the hook.
The new 25' XP™ Tape Measure is made in the USA with global materials and available in Canada beginning in May 2017 and the U.S. in July 2017 where DEWALT® products are sold. Additional 35' and 8M/26' sizes will be introduced later this year. Key DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure features include:
- The impact-resistant PC/ABS and rubber case is engineered to survive drops up to 60 feet.3
- Integrated lock protection guards the lock button when dropped.
- Built-in lanyard slot offers an additional security option.
TOUGHER BLADE COATING
- Guaranteed Tough®, the DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure features 9" of heavy-duty thermoplastic coating at the beginning of the blade to provide 3X more blade protection than DWHT33975 and reduces blade breakage near the hook.
- Our toughest coating covers the entire blade and protects the paint for long blade life and maximum protection against abrasion, wear and rust4.
- The 1 ¼" wide high-carbon steel blade provides 13' of straighter blade standout for increased reach and efficiency.2
TOUGHER HOOK CONNECTION
- The DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure features DEWALT's toughest hook connection1 reinforced to reduce blade breakage.
- The extra-large end hook grabs construction material from all four sides making grabbing objects while taking measurements easy.
- A durable, three-rivet fastened hook connection along with the 9" of thermoplastic coating supports a stronger, longer life.
The reinforced housing on the DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure also has a newly redesigned screw less belt clip, making it easy to attach, secure, and remove. For increased ease of use across a variety of applications, a new quick-release lock design engages easily and holds the blade tight, while a built-in lanyard slot provides convenience and security for use on elevated jobsites.
"With the DEWALT® XP™ model, we've revolutionized the tape measure from the inside out to deliver our toughest tape ever. Our patented Dual-Core™ Technology allows the tape to be more compact, comfortable and ergonomic with outstanding durability. Everything about the XP™ Tape Measure is designed to last longer and be more durable. This is the quality and integrity users have come to expect from a DEWALT® product, which is also proudly made in USA with global materials," said Lee McChesney, President, Hand Tools, Accessories & Storage at Stanley Black & Decker.
Since 1922, DEWALT has been committed to uncompromising performance combined with industry-leading innovation. As jobsite needs continue to become more demanding, DEWALT's quality engineering and design has continued to evolve, becoming one of the most prominent brands on the jobsite. Today professionals turn to DEWALT for advancements that raise the bar of jobsite durability. Such is the case with the DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure.
DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure specifications:
Height: 3 1/8"
Width: 3 3/8"
Depth: 2 9/32"
Weight: 1.25 lbs
For more information, visit Dewalt.com/ToughBeyondMeasure.
DEWALT is a leading manufacturer of industrial corded and cordless power tools, power tool accessories, storage and hand tools in categories that include Woodworking, Drilling & Fastening, Concrete & Metal Power Tools, as well as Cutting, Abrasive, and IMPACT READY® Impact Driver Power Tool Accessories. Hand Tool categories include Measuring & Layout, Knives & Blades, Mechanics Tools, and Storage Solutions.
With seven manufacturing locations in the USA, DEWALT remains committed to domestic manufacturing and produced over 90 million individual units of Power Tools, Hand Tools, and Accessories in the United States with global materials in 2016 alone. Visit the website to learn more about DEWALT tools Made in the USA with global materials.
DEWALT® tools can be found nationally and internationally, wherever tools are sold. With more than 1,000 factory-owned and authorized locations, DEWALT has one of the most extensive service and repair networks in North America. For more information, visit www.dewalt.com or follow DEWALT on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
1. Tougher Case, Tougher Blade Coating, Tougher Hook Connection claims based on comparisons to DWHT33975, DWHT33976, and DWHT33991.
2. Standout claims based on maximum performance at 10' compared to the DWHT33975.
3. Useable after a 60' drop onto packed soil.
4. Compared to Milwaukee® 48-22-5125. Milwaukee® is a registered trademark of Milwaukee Electric Tool Corp.
Contact: Janette Baxter
Phone: (860) 406-9371
Email: [email protected]