DALLAS, March 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- DeWitt & Dunn, LLC has launched a new blogsite geared to addressing the unique investment and retirement challenges faced by women today. Women Money & Power (www.womenmoneyandpower.com) offers an informative and, oftentimes, irreverent approach to personal investment education. Covering a wide variety of topics, the blogsite is designed to appeal to women of all ages, from GEN-X and GEN-Y just starting their investment planning to baby boomer women ready to enjoy their retirement years.
"Over the past few years, we've noticed an appreciable increase in women clients, women who are actively seeking information about what they can do to help secure their retirement future," said Cathy DeWitt Dunn, president of the Dallas/Fort Worth-based financial services company. "Our goal with the site is to explore ideas and strategies designed to help women attain long-term financial security, especially when it comes to answering an increasing demand for guaranteed lifetime income in retirement."
Eye-opening facts and statistics support the need for women to be as proactive as possible in taking control of their finances and retirement planning. According to the United States Department of Labor:
- Women are more likely to work in part-time jobs that don't qualify for a retirement plan.
- Working women are more likely than men to interrupt their careers to take care of family members. Therefore, they work fewer years and contribute less toward their retirement, resulting in lower lifetime savings.
- Of the 62 million wage and salaried women (age 21 to 64) working in the United States, just 45 percent participated in a retirement plan.
- On average, a female retiring at age 65 can expect to live another 19 years, 3 years longer than a man retiring at the same age. Savings can increase a woman's chances of having enough money to last during her retirement.
- By and large, women invest more conservatively than men so it's imperative that they choose carefully where they put their money and learn how to improve their investment returns.
For women, knowledge is power, and it is critical for achieving retirement security. We invite you to follow us for more information:
About DeWitt & Dunn, LLC
DeWitt & Dunn, LLC is proud to be on the forefront of innovative financial solutions for the individual investor. The company specializes in helping individuals and families strengthen their retirement outlook with lifetime income solutions not available from traditional brokerage houses. DeWitt & Dunn has helped thousands of people start their personal journeys toward a stronger retirement with strategies designed to protect principal, generate retirement income that can't be outlived, and eliminate market loss. Additional information on DeWitt & Dunn and Women Money & Power may be found by visiting www.womenmoneyandpower.com.
Contact: DeWitt & Dunn, LLC, 972-473-4700
SOURCE DeWitt & Dunn, LLC