FORT WORTH, Texas, Jan. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading global workwear maker Dickies will debut the Fall 2014 collection at the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market (Salt Lake City, Jan. 22-25). The collection builds on the brand's workwear heritage with innovation in their performance apparel, outerwear and core men's, women's and kids' offerings. The new product developments expand Dickies' efforts to create purpose-built apparel that helps workers get the job done right.
"For over 90 years, Dickies has made purpose-built apparel designed to perform no matter what the challenge," says Dickies Marketing Chief Matthew McCartin. "We produce trusted, top quality apparel at an unmatched value that's comfortable whether you're hard at work or active outdoors."
New highlights for the Fall are led by the incorporation of CORDURA® fabric and denim into select men's performance apparel and outerwear. Dickies will also introduce lightweight and bonded Work Tech Fleece for men and women; as well as new men's lightweight, waterproof Dickies Raingear for protection from the elements. These new styles were constructed with purpose-built fabrics that provide comfort and protection in cold weather elements and work environments.
"Our product strategy at Dickies utilizes the latest industry developments to produce hard working apparel that workers can rely on for any situation," says Brian Sheedy, Head Merchant for Dickies. "Our Fall 2014 collection features industry-leading technology – like CORDURA® brand fabric – to ensure Dickies continues to provide relevant, comfortable and dependable workwear."
Men's Fall 2014 Product Highlights:
- Dickies Performance System with CORDURA® Fabric – Dickies adopts the legendary, durable CORDURA® fabric in five new products. Two jackets and three pants will be introduced: the Dura Duck Premium CORDURA® Classic Fabric Hooded Jacket (three colors), the Dura Duck Premium CORDURA® Classic Coat (three colors), the Dura Duck Premium CORDURA® Classic Canvas Fabric 5-Pocket Pant (three colors), the Dura Denim Premium CORDURA® Fabric 5-Pocket Jean (two denim washes), and the Dura Duck Premium CORDURA® Canvas Fabric 2nd Layer Pant (one color). Each item will feature CORDURA® fabric throughout the garment, with lightweight and breathable materials and attributes like abrasion resistance and durable water repellency (DWR).
- Dickies Performance System Work Tech Fleece – This lightweight, poly-bonded fleece is smooth on the outside and brushed on the inside. The line will feature durable water repellency (DWR), allowing fabric to stay warm and dry. Three new styles of the DPS Work Tech Fleece will be introduced for men – including both hoodie and pullover designs in an array of colors.
- Dickies Performance System Raingear – Dickies expands their outerwear collection by introducing new rainwear options for men. The collection is designed to keep workers protected from the elements; featuring waterproof, windproof and flexible lightweight materials. The line will offer two items – the Performance Raingear Bib and the Performance Raingear Coat.
- Men's Outerwear – Fall 2014 continues the brand's outerwear focus on light, medium and heavy duty outerwear in duck and fleece with the introduction of a lightweight (8.5-ounce) sanded duck fabrication. A heavyweight quilted fleece in four colors is also new for the season.
- Men's Bottoms – Dickies' light and strong duck fabrication expands this season with the addition of a 9-ounce duck fabric that retains the brand's strength and durability in three new styles – a Cell-Pocket Cargo Duck Pant, a 6-Pocket Lightweight Duck Jean, and a Cell Pocket Utility Duck Jean.
- Men's Socks – Dickies Work Socks reinforced with DuPont™ Kevlar® fiber are 32 times more durable than the leading competitor's steel toe work socks and strong enough to stand up to the toughest work conditions.
Women's Fall 2014 Highlights:
- Dickies Performance System Work Tech Fleece – Women's Work Tech Fleece features lightweight, poly-bonded fleece with durable water resistance (DWR). The line will offer two new styles including Work Tech Fleece Performance Pants and a Full Zip Work Tech Performance Hoodie.
- Dickies Performance System Tops – A ¼ Zip Performance Pullover in five colors has been added to the collection's drirelease® product offerings.
- Women's Bottoms and Tops – The addition of a Curvy Fit Skinny Leg Jean to the women's denim assortment further substantiates the brand's ability to offer all fit and style needs within the category. The women's assortment also expands its plaid shirt offering this season with the Plaid Herringbone Flannel Shirt (eight patterns) and the Plaid Roll-Up Sleeve Shirt (four patterns).
Kids' Fall 2014 Highlights:
- Kids' Outerwear – The collection expands its selections across light, medium and heavyweight styles with introductions including the lightweight Unisex Nylon Jacket with Packable Hood, lightweight Boys' Baseball Jacket, and mid-weight DPS Unisex Puffer Jacket; all with water repellency and PU coating.
- Kids' Fleece – This season marks the addition of the Boys' Fleece Crew and Boys' Fleece Pullover Hoodie. These garments are in addition to the current product offering of the unisex fleece option. New styles will feature an array of colors and are perfect for layering, especially with the brand's gymwear collection (introduced in Spring 2014).
CORDURA® is a registered trademark of INVISTA.
drirelease® is a registered trademark of Optimer Brands.
DuPont™ and Kevlar® are registered trademarks or trademarks of DuPont or its affiliates.
About Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co.
Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co. is the world's leading provider of authentic work apparel, specializing in innovative performance work wear since 1922. The company offers premium quality products at an unmatched value across a vast assortment of apparel, footwear, and licensed goods in more than 100 countries. Williamson-Dickie operates through wholly-owned affiliates in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, China, Japan and the Middle East; exclusive licensees and distributors in Africa and the Asia Pacific region; and under the Dickies®, Workrite®, Kodiak®, Terra®, Walls®, Big Smith®, 10X®, Liberty® and Duxbak® brands. For more information, visit www.williamsondickie.com.
INVISTA is one of the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications, a business presence in over 20 countries, INVISTA's global businesses deliver exceptional value for their customers through technology innovations, market insights and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including: ADI-PURE®, ANTRON®, AVORA®, C12™, COMFOREL®, COOLMAX®, CORDURA®, CORFREE®, DACRON®, DBE®, DYTEK®, FRESHFX™, LYCRA®, PERFORMA™, POLARGUARD®, POLYSHIELD®, POLYCLEAR®, SOLARMAX®, STAINMASTER®, SUPPLEX®, SUPRIVA®, TACTEL®, TACTESSE®, TERATE®, TERATHANE® and THERMOLITE®. More information on INVISTA can be found at www.INVISTA.com.
Optimer Brands, formerly known as Optimer Inc., a Sterling Capital Partners company, is based in Chicago, IL, with operations in Chicago, IL. Founded in 2001, Optimer Brands conducts textile research, development and marketing and has a scientific staff credited with over 100 patents and developments. For more information, visit www.drirelease.com.
SOURCE Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co.