NORTH CANTON, Ohio, April 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Shareholders of Diebold, Incorporated (NYSE: DBD) today elected its board of directors at the company's annual meeting. In addition, the board declared the second-quarter cash dividend and re-elected company officers.
Newly elected director
- Patrick W. Allender, retired executive vice president, chief financial officer and secretary, Danaher Corporation, Washington, D.C.
Re-elected to the board of directors were:
- Bruce L. Byrnes, retired vice chairman, global brand building training, Procter & Gamble, Inc., Cincinnati
- Mei-Wei Cheng, president and chief executive officer, Siemens China and chief executive officer, Siemens Northeast Asia, Beijing
- Phillip R. Cox, president and chief executive officer, Cox Financial Corporation, Cincinnati
- Richard L. Crandall, non-executive chairman of the board, Novell, Inc., Waltham, Mass.
- Gale S. Fitzgerald, retired president and director, TranSpend, Inc., Bernardsville, N.J.
- Phillip B. Lassiter, retired chairman of the board and chief executive officer, Ambac Financial Group, Inc., New York City
- John N. Lauer, non-executive chairman of the board, Diebold, Incorporated, Canton, Ohio
- Thomas W. Swidarski, president and chief executive officer, Diebold, Incorporated, Canton, Ohio
- Henry D.G. Wallace, former group vice president and chief financial officer, Ford Motor Company, Detroit
- Alan J. Weber, chief executive officer, Weber Group LLC, Greenwich, Conn.
Cash dividend declared
The board of directors declared a second-quarter cash dividend of 28 cents per share on all common shares. The dividend is payable on Friday, June 3, 2011, to shareholders of record at the close of business on Friday, May 13, 2011.
In addition, the board of directors re-elected the following corporate officers: Thomas W. Swidarski, president and chief executive officer; Bradley C. Richardson, executive vice president and chief financial officer; James L. M. Chen, executive vice president, international operations; Charles E. Ducey, Jr., executive vice president, North America operations; George S. Mayes, Jr., executive vice president, global operations; Chad F. Hesse, vice president, interim general counsel and secretary; M. Scott Hunter, vice president, chief tax officer; John D. Kristoff, vice president, chief communications officer; Miguel A. Mateo, vice president, Latin America division; Timothy J. McDannold, vice president and treasurer; Frank A. Natoli, Jr., vice president, chief technology officer; Leslie A. Pierce, vice president and corporate controller; Sheila M. Rutt, vice president, chief human resources officer; and Bradley J. Stephenson, vice president, security division.
Newly elected corporate officers include Scott M. Angelo, vice president, chief information officer; Alex Brown, vice president, corporate strategy and development; and Christopher A. Chapman, vice president, global finance.
Diebold, Incorporated is a global leader in providing integrated self-service delivery and security systems and services. Diebold employs more than 16,000 associates with representation in nearly 90 countries worldwide and is headquartered in Canton, Ohio region, USA. Diebold is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol 'DBD.' For more information, visit the company's website at www.diebold.com.
SOURCE Diebold, Incorporated