MILAN, Aug. 30, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Diesel pushes its wearable technology to the limits with the launch of the brand's premium Full Guard 2.5 touchscreen smartwatch. The next generation smartwatch offers the latest and greatest in wearable technology, including heart rate tracking, NFC payment capabilities, and GPS tracking. Wrapped in Diesel's signature bold, moto-inspired design, the new smartwatches signal to the world that fading into the crowd is not an option.
The new Diesel Full Guard 2.5 touchscreen smartwatch, compatible with both iPhone® and Android™ phones, is powered with Wear OS by Google and the Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™ 2100 SoC. Diesel has also optimized features including rapid charging, music control, customizable watch faces, and smartphone notifications, in addition to:
- Heart Rate Tracking: automatically track your heart rate across multiple types of workouts using Google Fit or third-party apps*Tic Health available in China.
- Payment Technology: make purchases via your NFC-enabled smartwatch using Google Pay*Alipay available in China. Google Pay available in select countries.
- GPS Distance Tracking: leave your phone at home when going for a walk, hike, ride, or run with built-in GPS that records the distance right on your smartwatch
- Assist on the Wrist: ask questions and give commands directly to your smartwatch via Google Assistant*Mobvoi Assistant available in China; Google Assistant available in select languages.
- Swimproof Technology: shower and swim up to 3 ATM seamlessly through third-party apps*Mobvoi Store available in China; Google Play Store available in select countries.
This new collection features four unique styles: a matte steel case on a black leather strap, a gunmetal steel case on a brown leather strap, a matte black steel case on a black silicone strap and an all-over gunmetal stainless steel case on a three-link bracelet. New and exciting customizable dials include the neon Flicker dial, which changes color automatically throughout the day, and the interactive heart rate dial, which creates a rippling water effect with the tap of a finger.
Earlier this month, Diesel announced a new partnership with global superstar DJ and producer, Steve Aoki, who has signed on as the brand's newest ambassador. Continuing the collaboration through early 2019, Steve will be the face of Diesel's Full Guard 2.5 touchscreen smartwatch.
The Diesel Full Guard 2.5 smartwatch will be available in select stores and at Diesel.com beginning October 2018.
Smartwatches built with Wear OS* by Google are compatible with iPhone® and Android™ phones. Wear OS by Google and other related marks are trademarks of Google LLC. Touchscreen smartwatches built with Wear OS by Google require a phone running Android OS 4.4+ (excluding Go edition) or iOS 9.3+. Supported features may vary between platforms.
*Wear OS by Google LE in China
Diesel is an innovative international lifestyle brand, producing a wide-ranging collection of jeans, clothing and accessories. Since its creation in 1978, Diesel has evolved from being a leading pioneer in denim into premium casual wear, becoming a true alternative to the established luxury market. Despite its growth, Diesel's philosophy has remained the same: a brand standing for passion, individuality and self-expression.