LONDON, Oct. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Report Summary
Purpose of Report
The market for audio equipment is experiencing strong growth as more consumers adopt streaming audio.
This report assesses growth trends and the future outlook for key audio devices, including headphones,
soundbars, speakers, and streaming sound systems. The report also examines the implications for digital
audio content and services, as consumers access these services in the connected home and through
connected consumer electronics devices. The report includes a five-year forecast for key streaming audio
devices, accessories, and services.
Scope of Report
This report delivers insight on the following industry issues:
- Advancements in audio technology and compression that make streaming audio services feasible.
- Licensing models for content and compensation models for content rights holders, as well as the
response to these models by artists in the music community.
- Consumer adoption of streaming audio services.
- Drivers and inhibitors for the streaming audio services market.
- Identification and profiles of major streaming audio service providers.
- Adoption and purchase trends for connected CE devices in the streaming audio space.
- A review of wireless streaming technologies including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and proprietary networks.
- A discussion of new developments in the hi-res audio movement and implications for device makers.
- A five-year global unit sales forecast for headphones, soundbars, wireless speakers, and multi-room
Global forecasts provide total units sales and sales by country and region, including North America (U.S.,
Canada), Western Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World.
Information for Digital Audio for the Connected Consumer is drawn from multiple sources:
- Interviews with and research on companies, including consumer electronics (CE) manufacturers,
component manufacturers, content providers, application solutions providers, and broadband
- Company financial reports and related secondary research
- Parks Associates consumer surveys and forecasts
- Parks Associates reports:
- American Broadband Households and Their Technologies, 2014-2015
- Video and Connected Home in Canada, 2013-2014
- Video, Support, and Connected Home in European Households, 2014
- Evolution of Digital Music on Connected Devices, 2013
- Trends in Content Licensing, 2014
- Converging Clouds: The Next Step for the Personal Cloud, 2014
- Connected Cars and the Smart Home: Crossover Opportunities, 2015
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3322302/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers