CINCINNATI, June 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Digital Research, a marketing research firm, and ThinkVine, a marketing insights and technology provider, will present the most recent findings in their ongoing, quarterly series on how American consumers have changed their shopper behavior. This edition has been expanded to include general outlet and non-grocery behavior. The live webinar, open to the public but limited in registration, will take place on June 24th at 1:00 pm Eastern. The purpose of this study is to monitor the current economic mood of consumers and how the economy has affected shopper behavior in the United States. Results from the Q1 2010 study will also be compared with findings from Q3 2009. Highlighted findings include:
- Baby boomers have shown the greatest level of behavior switch during this recession and are most likely to be cutting back and trading down.
- Cuts still being made in discretionary spending, but some signs of a softening of cuts in clothing, healthcare, home maintenance and groceries.
- Regarding groceries, some rebound in the perimeter of the store-fewer trading down on cuts of meat, or cutting back on fruits/vegetables.
- In aisle, less trade down to lower priced brands and greater use of reward card for deals.
- Gen Xer's are likely to be comparison shopping, whereas Millennials are open to trading down brands.
- R&R has taken a hit during recession. 35% are getting less sleep, while 37% are using less vacation time.
The economy still receives a weak grade, but confidence is improving. Optimism is largely focused on younger generations, but Baby Boomers are loosening their negativity in 2010.
June 24th, 2010 at 1:00PM EDT
Jane Mount, Executive Vice President, Digital Research
Debra Patek, Chief Economist, ThinkVine Corporation
The webinar is open to the public but registrations are limited-reserve your seat today! Attendees will receive a complete copy of the study.
About Digital Research
Digital Research, Inc. (DRI) is a full-service marketing research firm serving some of the world's largest corporations in a variety of industries. Our culture focuses on adaptability, innovation, responsive service and an attitude of partnership. We provide insights, expertise and implications-based analysis. Our capabilities span all data collection methods, both qualitative and quantitative.
About ThinkVine Corporation
ThinkVine's Analytic Services practice helps companies align business strategy with consumer insight. Our expertise includes consumer segmentation, product & market opportunity assessment, marketing mix optimization, forecasting and pricing. Our products and services are currently deployed in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Food & Beverage, Travel/Leisure, Insurance, Financial Services, Media & Communications, Technology/eCommerce, Telecommunications, Retail, Education & Healthcare.
SOURCE ThinkVine Corporation