NEW YORK, Oct. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The global market for directed-energy and military lasers totaled $6.6 billion in 2016. The market should total $7.4 billion in 2017 and $12.3 billion in 2022, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.7% from 2017 to 2022.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05142317
• Defense application as a segment totaled $2.6 billion in 2016. The market should total $2.8 billion in 2017 and $4.9 billion in 2022, increasing at a CAGR of 11.5% from 2017 to 2022.
• Medical application as a segment totaled $1.2 billion in 2016. The market should total $1.4 billion in 2017 and $2.3 billion in 2022, increasing at a CAGR of 11.6% from 2017 to 2022.
Chapter 1: Introduction
Lasers are used in numerous industries, with applications ranging across the defense, fusion energy, industrial, research, and medical sectors. Specifically, military lasers (lasers with a higher degree of photon output and coherence) such as gas, solid-state and excimer lasers are used in core industries such as material processing and automotive. Presently, lasers are playing an increasingly important role in the development of many new processes, including guiding munitions and marking targets, missile defense systems, laser lightning displays, communication, and surgical and diagnosis functions.
Study Goals and Objectives
This report is an impact analysis of directed-energy and military lasers and the information provided includes various factors driving the global demand. In addition, it provides insights into the factors restraining growth, as well as those that are expected to have a long-term impact on the market.
The goals and objectives include:
• To understand opportunities in the innovation-driven, directed-energy and high-energy lasers market. The report also highlights the major regions and countries involved in such developments.
• Analysis of the various applications of the directed-energy and high-energy lasers market and market dynamics of each.
• Identifying segments with high growth potential; also understand future applications of given segments.
• Key trends related to the type, applications, technology, and end use that shapes and influences the directed-energy and military lasers market.
• Region-specific developments in the industry.
• To understand the major stakeholders in the market and competitive landscape for the market leaders.
• Analysis of growth strategies by key players in the directed-energy and military laser market.
• Analysis of patent positions where relevant.
Reasons for Doing This Study
In recent times, there has been considerable increase in defense expenditures worldwide. Many of the major defense equipment manufacturers have shown great interest in the field of directed-energy weapons or military weapons in order to meet future needs of the global customer base and also achieve first mover advantage over its competitors.
The global defense industry is dominated by a few major players. All of these companies invest heavily on research and development in order to provide better equipment as per changing customer requirements. The scope of the study is intended to discuss the upcoming and present market trends of directed-energy and military lasers market, their potential as well as their limitations.
Scope of Report
The directed-energy and military lasers market is segmented into following categories:
• Type: gas laser, chemical laser, excimer laser, fiber laser, solid state laser and others.
• Technology: laser weapon (particle beam, high-power microwaves, military lasers), laser altimeter, laser range finder, LIDAR, others.
• Applications: industrial, defense (platform: air borne, land based, naval. weapon type: lethal, non-lethal), research medical, others.
• End-use: cutting and welding, guiding munitions and marking targets, missile defense system, laser lighting display, communications, surgery and diagnosis, others.
• Geography: North America is segmented into U.S., Canada and Mexico; Europe is segmented into U.K., France, Germany, Russia, and others; APAC is segmented into India, China, Japan, and others, while, RoW covers Middle East and Africa (MEA) and South America.
• Industry and competitive analysis.
• Patent analysis.
• Company profiles.
The various sources used to recognize and collect useful information required for extensive commercial and technical study of the photonic IC technology market are mentioned below:
• Primary Sources
o Selected experts from related industries.
o Preferred suppliers.
• Secondary Sources
o Research papers.
o White papers.
o Databases such as OneSource, Factiva, Bloomberg, SEC filings, Reuters.
o Stock exchanges such as TMX, NASDAQ, ASX and LSE.
Primary as well as secondary research was used to evaluate the market. Top-down and bottom-up models were developed to determine volume as well as value trends and an estimation of the global market for photonic integrated circuits. Key participants in the market for directed-energy and military lasers have been identified through a review of secondary sources such as industry white papers, annual reports, financial reports and published interviews of key opinion leaders (KOLs) from leading companies. Generally, KOLs include chief executive officers (CEOs), general managers, vice presidents, sales directors, market executives, research and development (R&D) directors, product managers, procurement managers, and export managers, among others. During the research process, the major stakeholders across the value chain of the market for directed-energy and military lasers were contacted for primary interviews.
In the first phase of the study, market revenues for directed-energy and military lasers were determined by reviewing annual sales reports, recent contracts awarded to major manufacturers and the span of these contracts, analyzing related industry reports, and monitoring financial parameters related to the market. In the second phase of the study, BCC Research conducted primary interviews with KOLs from leading companies in the market to verify initial estimations gathered through secondary sources. Based on the primary interviews, some of the initial findings were validated and other initial findings were refined. Final value forecasts of the market for directed-energy and military lasers were derived through a series of primary interviews with KOLs.
For some segments of the market for directed-energy and military lasers, no secondary data was available. In those cases, contract values and contract tenures were used to estimate data. During the primary interviews, these estimates were verified by KOLs.
In this report, the geographic regions considered for market analysis include, and only include:
• United States.
• Rest of Europe.
• Rest of Asia-Pacific.
Rest of the World (RoW)
Directed-energy and Military Lasers Market, by Type
Solid State Laser
Directed-energy and Military Laser Market, by Technology
Laser Weapon (High–energy Lasers, High–power Microwaves, Particle Beam)
Laser Range Finder
Directed-energy and Military Lasers Market, by Applications
Directed-energy and High-energy Lasers Market, by End Use
Cutting and Weilding
Guiding Munitions and Marking Targets
Missile Defense System
Surgery and Diagnosis
Laser Lighting Display
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
The global directed-energy and military lasers market is expected to witness substantial growth during the forecast period. This is due to its increasing demand across various armed troops operating via land, air and water. The increasing demand for crowd control weapons and prevention of adversary attacks such as terrorist activities is boosting the growth of the global directed-energy weapons market.
In addition, government regulations around the world related to the development of advanced weaponry for the safety of troops and civilians in an accurate and economic manner, are also influencing the growth of this market. Adoption of new technologies such as lasers, microwaves and particle beams is contributing to growth in the demand for directed-energy weapons globally.
Directed-energy weapons (DEW) emit highly focused energy towards a target object or individual in order to disable it or cause damage. These weapon systems can be either lethal or non-lethal based on their application areas. A DEW system can be deployed in all three formats: land-based, water-based, and airborne. Based on the technology used, the directed-energy weapons market is categorized into three segments including military laser, high-power microwave (HPM), and particle beam.
With governments of various countries across the world undertaking military modernization programs and upgrading their national security infrastructures, the demand for DEW systems is expected to increase substantially in the near future. The low cost of operation and higher accuracy of these weapon systems as compared to conventional weapons, as well as the need for effective solutions for crowd control during riot situations are driving the demand for these systems globally.
In addition to defense systems, directed-energy and military lasers also find application in industrial, defense, medical and research sectors. Increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries is one of the major factors fueling the demand in the medical sector. In the industrial sector, military lasers are used for wielding, cutting, and marking among others. In addition, increasing focus on productivity and production efficiency is also expected to have a positive impact in the coming years.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05142317
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001