VIENNA, Va., July 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Dreams do come true! Feld Entertainment is bringing the magic of Disney to the ice with two new shows debuting this fall, both featuring hair-raising moments from Walt Disney Studio's hit animated film, Tangled. Audiences will experience the enchantment and splendor of new and classic princesses in Disney On Ice presents Dare to Dream, as they frolic in the French quarter with Tiana from Princess and the Frog, relive the timeless story of Cinderella, and watch Rapunzel let down her hair on the ice for the first time ever. In Disney On Ice presents Treasure Trove, audiences will enjoy a gem for every generation in a magical medley of Disney tales that span the years from the first animated film, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to the 50th film, Tangled. Disney On Ice presents Dare to Dream launches September 2 in Lakeland, Fla., while Disney On Ice presents Treasure Trove kicks off its North American tour in San Diego, Calif., on October 5.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/disney-on-ice-gets-tangled-up-in-two-new-ice-shows-disney-on-ice-presents-dare-to-dream-and-disney-on-ice-presents-treasure-trove-125416018.html
This year marks the first time Feld Entertainment has launched two brand new Disney On Ice shows simultaneously. Celebrating a 30-year partnership with The Walt Disney Company, Feld Entertainment is committed to bringing more high quality entertainment to families around the world than ever before. Dare to Dream and Treasure Trove also record another first for the company: both shows are led by two female sister producers, Nicole Feld and Juliette Feld.
"We are ecstatic to be able to bring audiences two incredible new ice shows this year that set the standard for the ultimate Disney experience," says Producer Nicole Feld. "Because Tangled marks the 50th Disney animated feature, it was only fitting that we celebrate that achievement by including moments from Rapunzel's story in both new shows."
Dare to Dream, a vibrant, contemporary compilation of princesses, features popular songs and unforgettable scenes from two of Disney's newest fairytales and one of the most cherished stories of all time. Audiences will behold an alluring aerialist act with Rapunzel's golden locks, shimmering gowns that twinkle and twirl during Cinderella's royal ball, a lighting display that illuminates all the fireflies in Tiana's New Orleans bayou and a grand finale with all the Disney princesses.
Treasure Trove is an action-packed ice adventure that takes audiences on a journey through their favorite stories from Disney animated features. Brave a battle against Captain Hook and his pirate pals with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys, trek across the Pride Lands with Simba, Timon and Pumbaa, and enter the whimsical world of Wonderland to witness a precision skating number by the Queen of Hearts' Army of Cards in this extraordinary lineup from the Disney animated film vault.
"Watching Disney movies is a special pastime for many families. For Treasure Trove, we wanted to extend that experience by producing one remarkable show to commemorate the everlasting legacy of Disney animated films, live on the ice," says Producer Juliette Feld.
Both skating spectaculars draw upon the combined talents of seasoned experts for direction and choreography:
- Patty Vincent (Director) – Directed numerous Feld Entertainment ice and stage shows including Disney On Ice presents Disney-Pixar's Toy Story 3; began her career at Feld Entertainment as a skater 26 years ago, and has advanced in the company to become Character Development Director for all touring Disney On Ice and Disney Live! productions
- Jerry Bilik (Creative Director and Writer) – Involved as a creative team member in every Disney On Ice show throughout its 30-year history; arranged music for a number of television series, including "Starsky & Hutch" and "Charlie's Angels"
- Cindy Stuart (Choreographer) – Collaborated with Olympic Gold Medalist Robin Cousins on multiple projects; choreographed for Katarina Witt, Brian Orser, World and Olympic Champions Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao, and Olympic Champions Jamie Sale and David Pelletier; lead choreographer for several Disney On Ice productions, including Disney On Ice presents Disney-Pixar's Toy Story 3; choreographer for Skating with the Stars.
To create the visual facets of Dare to Dream, Nicole Feld and Juliette Feld assembled a creative team with a flair for designing dazzling production elements:
- Stan Meyer (Scenic Designer) – Honored as the first recipient of The League of American Theatres and Producers National Broadway Theatre Award for his design of the North American Tour of Disney's Beauty and the Beast; has created sets for the world premiere of Elton John & Tim Rice's Elaborate Lives: The Legend of Aida, Alice Cooper's 2007 Tour and the 2008 True Colors Tour featuring Cyndi Lauper; scenic designer for Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey® Presents Barnum 200(SM) and Disney Live! presents Three Classic Fairy Tales
- Ivan Ingermann (Costume Designer) – Developed costumes for feature films Suits, Rules of the Game, Escape to Life, and Sundance Award Winner "2x4" as well as for national commercials for companies including Toyota, Pontiac, BMW and McDonald's; his recent work can be seen at the SeaWorld Adventure Park in Orlando, Fla., in A'lure: the Call of the Ocean
- Peter Morse (Lighting Designer) – Produced lighting scenery for numerous performers, including Usher, Jennifer Hudson, Christina Aguilera, and Jennifer Lopez; received Emmy® Award nominations for his work on televised concerts starring Barbra Streisand, and won the Emmy® Award for Lighting Design and Direction for Bette Midler's HBO Special, Diva, Las Vegas.
Design elements for Treasure Trove were created by a team of industry experts with the ability to capture the essence of Disney's animated treasures:
- Jim Youmans (Scenic Designer) – Created sets for Broadway, Off-Broadway, television, regional theater, touring productions, corporate and special events and theme parks; his Broadway credits include Gypsy and Swinging on a Star, and Off-Broadway, the Drama Desk Award-winning musical Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Youmans also earned Drama Desk Award nominations for Bella, Belle of Beyellorussia and The Petrified Prince.
- Dawna Oak (Costume Designer) – Worked six years at the Pasadena Playhouse in all capacities from wardrobe supervisor to designer. Other credits include associate designer for Disney On Ice presents Disney/Pixar's Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc., Feld Motor Sports' Nuclear Cowboyz(SM) and the 128th, 129th and 130th editions of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Circus.
- Jesse Blevins (Lighting Designer) – Designed spectacular lighting scenery for a variety of performers including Gwen Stefani, Rihanna, New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys; lighting designer for Nuclear Cowboyz.
About Feld Entertainment
Feld Entertainment is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that lift the human spirit and create indelible memories, with 30 million people in attendance at its shows each year. Feld Entertainment's productions have appeared in more than 70 countries on six continents and include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®, Feld Motor Sports, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!.
For more information about Disney On Ice presents Dare to Dream and Disney On Ice presents Treasure Trove members of the media should visit www.disneyonice.com. To download high resolution photos visit www.feldinc.com/hrp (username "feldmedia" and password "photos").
SOURCE Feld Entertainment, Inc.