SAN FRANCISCO, April 3, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global distributed energy generation (DEG) market size is expected to reach USD 573.7 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 15.0% during the forecast period. Owing to their environmental benefits, preference for DEG systems will be higher as compared to conventional energy systems.
DEG eliminates the need for building a transmission capacity that reduces the line cost. In addition, low prices of DEG compared to conventional energy generation are anticipated to provide a fillip to the market. Moreover, innovations in DEG technologies, such as floating solar photovoltaic, is likely to propel the market. Decreasing cost of solar PVs is playing an instrumental role in the development of the market. Feed-in tariffs in regions including Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America are poised to stoke the growth of the market.
E.ON SE; Vestas Wind Systems A/S; Capstone Turbine Corporation; Caterpillar Power Plants; Ballard Power Systems Inc.; Doosan Fuel Cell America; FuelCell Energy Inc.; Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG; Sharp Corporation; Suzlon Energy Limited; General Electric (GE); First Solar; SIEMENS AG; Toyota Turbine and Systems Inc.; and ENERCON GMBH are some of the major players in DEG market.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Distributed Energy Generation (DEG) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Technology (Wind turbine, Solar photovoltaic, Reciprocating engines), By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/distributed-energy-generation-industry
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The wind turbine segment accounted for revenue share of over 29.0% in 2016. Factors such as high efficiency, redundant safety, and quiet operation are the key characteristics projected to contribute to the growth of the wind turbine segment over the forecast period
- In 2016, solar photovoltaic accounted for 21.0% of the overall market volume and is expected to register a CAGR of 16.8% during the forecast period. The growth of the segment can be attributed to decrease in its prices, which has increased the local utilization, thereby enabling the switch from traditional energy sources
- Supportive regulations and favorable government policies such as net metering are likely to increase the number of DEG installations for residential applications in rural and underdeveloped areas
- Several countries are committed to reducing carbon emissions under the Kyoto protocol, which is driven by the European Union. A number of countries have switched to renewable energy generation
- Regional expansion and R&D are the key strategies adopted by major market players to strengthen their position. Companies in the market are continuously trying to innovate and develop new technologies
- In July 2015, Ballard Power Systems entered into an agreement with AkzoNobel to provide one-megawatt ClearGen fuel cell distributed generation system for Hydrogène de France (HDF) to generate electricity and supply it to local grid.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Smart Gas Market - The Smart Gas Market is driven primarily by the European market where governments and regulations have mandated the adoption of smart gas meters.
- Distributed Natural Gas-Fueled Generation Market - The global distributed natural gas-fueled generation market size was USD 11.20 billion in 2015.
- Drill Pipe Market - The global drill pipe market size was USD 935.0 million in 2015.
- Carbon Capture And Storage Market - The global carbon capture and storage (CCS) market size was 61,150 kilo tons in 2015.
Grand View Research has segmented the global distributed energy generation (DEG) market on the basis of technology, application, and region:
- Distributed Energy Generation (DEG) Technology Outlook (Volume, Megawatts; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Wind Turbine
- Reciprocating Engines
- Fuel Cells
- Solar Photovoltaic
- Gas & Steam Turbines
- Distributed Energy Generation (DEG) Application Outlook (Volume, Megawatts; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Commercial & Industrial
- Distributed Energy Generation (DEG) Regional Outlook (Volume, Megawatts; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.