CHARLOTTE, N.C., Oct. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Since 1974, Dixon has maintained a long history of manufacturing quality zero-turn mowers. They now up the ante by introducing two lines of commercial grade mowers for professional lawn maintenance contractors, the DX100 and DX200 series.
The DX100 series is directed at entry-level or value-conscious commercial users, whereas the DX200 series brings more robust construction, higher speed drive systems and higher productivity/cutting performance for the larger landscape contractors.
While designing the DX200 series the focus was on maximizing productivity while minimizing add-on features and complexity. "The message from the field was simple. Skip some of the bells and whistles and give me something simple, productive and trouble free," stated Sean Dwyer, Global Product Manager, Zero Turn Mowers and Specialty Turf products. The result is a commercial mower with extreme durability to allow for extended life in commercial applications, improved cut quality and dispersal, higher speeds and simplicity of design.
Models come standard with:
- Commercial duty 2" x 3" box tube steel frame with 11 gauge wall thickness offers solid foundation and is open in design for increased serviceability.
- Integrated 16cc ZT5400 Hydrostatic transmissions offer ground speeds up to 12 mph and minimize potential leak points. (DX260D has 21cc pump and wheel motor transmission and 14 MPH.)
- Super comfortable high-back seat with spring suspension. Optional full suspension seat available.
- High performance 7-gauge thick cutting decks with double supported scalp rollers, oversized idlers to extend belt life, molded rubber discharge shields and 10" diameter cast iron blade spindles.
- Certified rollover protection system that is foldable to allow navigation in areas with low-hanging limbs.
- Fully adjustable control levers and generous seat travel to accommodate multiple users.
- Heavy-duty front casters with tapered roller bearings. Optional flat free tires.
"In spite of the economy, dealers across the country have noticed upticks in the zero-turn category and professionals have indicated they will need to be wiser about their future equipment purchases," said Dwyer. "We introduced these new mowers to satisfy both audiences."
The DX200 series offers deck options of 54", 60" and 72" and Kawasaki FX series engine choices of 26, 29 and 34HP. The DX260D features a 29HP Kubota diesel, 21cc pump and motor drive system and is only available in a 60" variation.
Complete DX200 Series Line:
The MSRP pricing provided herein is for reference purposes only. Actual retail prices are established by the applicable dealer and may vary by location. MSRP pricing is subject to change without prior notice.
ABOUT DIXON MOWERS
Dixon pioneered the zero turning radius concepts and introduced their first ZTR in 1974. For more than 35 years, Dixon has produced leading-edge mowers designed to cut mowing time in half. In 2010, Dixon introduced 3 conventional riding tractors loaded with features to satisfy even the most discerning homeowner.
For more information, visit www.dixon-ztr.com .
SOURCE Dixon Mowers