AUBURN HILLS, Mich., June 29 /PRNewswire/ --
- Dodge will host more than 100 Dodge Challenger owners and their vehicles during the weekend when Dodge Challenger returns to NASCAR competition in Nationwide Series after an almost 30 year absence
- Interactive trackside Dodge display features various activities, giveaways and driver autograph sessions
- Rock band Atomic Tom to perform on Thursday, July 1, at Daytona Dodge
Before Friday night's highly anticipated return of the Dodge Challenger to NASCAR Nationwide Series' competition after almost 30 years, the Dodge brand will play a key role in providing Challenger owners and fans with a wide array of pre-race action and activities in and around Daytona International Speedway.
"Our new Dodge Challenger race car brings true brand identity back to NASCAR, so now the spotlight is going to be shared between the new car and our two star drivers from Penske Racing," said Ralph Gilles, President and CEO, Dodge Brand. "We've been looking forward to this race weekend for quite some time, and our loyal owners and fans are going to have a lot of opportunities to celebrate the return of the Dodge Challenger."
Leading off all the action during race week will be the performance by New York City-based rock band Atomic Tom at Daytona Dodge on Thursday, July 1. The group's first single was "Take Me Out," and its upcoming debut album includes "We Were Never Meant To Be" and "The Moment." The concert will begin at 7:15 p.m. EDT at Daytona Dodge, 1450 North Tomoka Farms Road. WBHQ-FM – Beach 92.7 FM also will be on remote at Daytona Dodge from 6-8 p.m.
Dodge Motorsports also will offer a full onslaught of activities located at the brand's trackside display area just outside Turn 4 at Daytona International Speedway, including:
- Dodge Pit Crew Challenge where fans can compete head to head or against the time clock to see who can perform the quickest simulated tire change
- Driver autograph sessions on Friday, July 2, and Saturday, July 3. Kurt Busch, Sam Hornish Jr. and Justin Allgaier are scheduled to attend. Fans should check with onsite display staff for actual appearance times
- Online E-Shots offers fans a chance to have a downloadable photo taken next to the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge show car
- Dodge Challenger Chase to Win Sweepstakes where fans can enter to win a new Dodge Challenger R/T
- An opportunity for fans to enter to win a day (of their choice) at the SRT Track Experience, which visits 20 premier race tracks around the country. One lucky fan will win a day consisting of four driving modules that test the limits of select SRT vehicles in a safe and controlled environment
- Vote for your favorite color Dodge Challenger: What color will win? Plum Crazy Purple? TorRed? Detonator Yellow? HEMI® Orange? Fans who vote will get a limited-edition Dodge bandana. Votes will be tallied throughout the weekend so watch the leader board for the winning color
- Play race trivia and "Spin to Win" for various prizes
- Fans can also check out all the Dodge Life and Dodge Motorsports merchandise and get a chance to see, up close and personal, the full line-up of exciting 2010 model Dodge vehicles
Hours of operation for the Dodge Motorsports display at Daytona International Speedway are: Friday, July 1, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday, July 2, from 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Dodge is a full line of cars, SUVs and MPVs that are agile, daring, sensible and inventive. The product line includes the Dodge Caliber, Dodge Avenger, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger, Dodge Grand Caravan, Dodge Journey, Dodge Nitro and Dodge Viper SRT10.
Dodge introduced two new vehicles for the 2009 model year: the all-new 2009 Dodge Journey, the brand's first crossover vehicle and the 2009 Dodge Challenger, a modern-day American muscle car. Dodge also celebrated the 25th anniversary of the minivan during the 2009 model year. With more than 65 minivan-firsts introduced since 1983 and more than 12 million Dodge and Chrysler minivans sold, Chrysler Group LLC has solidified its leadership in the segment. J.D. Power and Associates further acknowledged this leadership by naming the Dodge Grand Caravan the Most Dependable Van for 2009. The 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan continues to set the mark in the minivan segment with unsurpassed fuel economy of 17 city / 25 highway mpg and minivan-first innovations including the segment's only Stow 'n Go® and Swivel 'n Go® seating and storage systems. The 2010 Dodge Journey and 2010 Dodge Avenger (with ESC) also earned the 2009 Top Safety Pick rating from the IIHS.
Also in 2008, the Dodge Journey entered key volume markets outside North America, joining the Dodge Avenger, Nitro and Caliber. Dodge Caliber was the highest sales volume vehicle for the company outside North America in 2008.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC