SEATTLE, Dec. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- This holiday season, visitors headed to Seattle's Pioneer Square, Waterfront and Retail Core neighborhoods have plenty to feel merry about – and cheap, conveniently located parking tops the list. With these neighborhoods dressed up for the holidays, all that's left to do is find the perfect parking spot near the action by using the mobile-optimized DowntownSeattleParking.com.
Seven Pioneer Square and Waterfront parking garages offer a low $3 an hour rate, which is the same as or less than on-street parking. In addition, the Downtown Seattle Association has partnered with 10 Retail Core garages to offer $7 or less flat-rate evening and weekend parking.
"It's a busy and festive time of year in Seattle, and even though some neighborhoods are experiencing construction, we are working hard to make the trip seamless for visitors," said Maureen Black, director of marketing for Argosy Cruises and Tillicum Village. "There are more than 7,000 discounted, short-term parking spaces available in these neighborhoods, which can all be pinpointed in real time at DowntownSeattleParking.com."
Three steps to a jolly holiday night on Dec. 5 in Pioneer Square:
- Park for FREE in Pioneer Square from 5 to 10 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 5.
- Help celebrate the two-year anniversary of Milepost 31, the SR 99 Tunnel Project information center located in the heart of Pioneer Square (211 First Ave. S.) from 4 to 8 p.m.
- Catch Pioneer Square's Second Annual Howlidays celebration, complete with a dog costume parade, tree lighting and music from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at Nord Alley and Occidental Park.
Four steps to holiday fun on the Waterfront:
- Park for only $3 per hour for up to four hours at a low-rate garage!
- Mesmerize the kids at the Seattle Aquarium, where a diving Santa and youth choirs make an appearance on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Take part in a long-standing tradition and watch the Christmas Ships from the Waterfront.
- Walk up the Hillclimb to Pike Place Market. Keep an ear out for roaming carolers while shopping for that perfect, one-of-a-kind gift.
With plenty of parking and lots to do, head to Pioneer Square, the Waterfront and downtown Retail Core this holiday season to enjoy shopping, dining, music, events and more. Remember to bookmark DowntownSeattleParking.com to easily find close, affordable parking to all of the holiday festivities.
The mobile site and discounted garage parking spots are part of a larger parking mitigation program led by the Washington State Department of Transportation, the City of Seattle and Downtown Seattle Association. The program helps maintain the vitality of Pioneer Square and the Waterfront as major commerce hubs and tourist destinations during SR 99 tunnel construction.
SOURCE Washington State Department of Transportation