ST. LOUIS, Oct. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dr. Brown's® has expanded its popular PreVent® pacifier line with vibrant new characters and a clever shield design. The new pacifiers feature contoured, transparent shields that curve away from baby's face around the edges for a comfortable fit. The butterfly-shaped shields allow plenty of room for baby's nose and easy breathing.
Dr. Brown's surveyed parents to create colorful, new characters for the PreVent pacifiers, including whales, elephants, frogs and turtles. The pacifiers not only appeal to parents but also are fun for baby. Each PreVent pacifier, in three age stages, is now available in pairs for boys and girls.
"We listened to parents and retailers in creating new characters for our PreVent pacifiers," said Dr. Brown's Brand Manager Steve Richardson. "More importantly, our new shield design benefits infants with added comfort. They're a great mix of function and design."
Pediatric dentist Dr. John Davis helped develop the BPA-free pacifiers to minimize suction and pressure inside baby's mouth that can create dental issues, such as cross bite. The pacifier's patented Suction-Free Air Channel helps decrease palatal pressure, while a thin-stem design is minimally intrusive in baby's mouth.
A Bundle of New Products
In keeping with the Dr. Brown's medically advanced and thoughtfully researched baby products line, several new products have also been developed for parents and babies.
- Gia® Breastfeeding Pillow: The uniquely angled pillow, designed to help with digestion and other feeding issues, is now available in pink fabric. Like all Gia nursing pillows, the fabric is machine-washable and holds up well in the dryer.
- Dr. Brown's Natural Flow® Bottle: Featuring the Dr. Brown's Patented Internal Vent System, this best-selling standard neck bottle is now available in pink, blue, and lavender. The bottles are also now available in different configurations, including three-packs and gift sets.
- Ridgees™ Massaging Teether: Now available in a whimsical giraffe design, this teether reaches all areas of the mouth, including back molars. Its firm edges and soft, textured surfaces provide pressure relief, and help ease common problems such as sore gums during all stages of teething.
- Coolees® Soothing Teether: Developed by a pediatric dentist, this teether stays cold to soothe sore gums and is now available in a fun grape design. Its solid, flexible surfaces relieve pressure in teething baby's mouth.
- MyBands™ Bottle and Cup Labels: These customizable, flexible bands make gripping easier and allow parents to write their baby's name on the bands so they are easy to identify. Writing can be wiped off or made permanent by placing in hot or boiling water for five minutes.
PreVent® pacifiers, along with all of Dr. Brown's recently released and updated products, are now available at independent and mass retail stores. For more information about Dr. Brown's, visit www.drbrownsbaby.com or Facebook.
About Handi-Craft® Company
The Handi-Craft Company is dedicated to providing well-designed, healthful feeding products for baby. The Dr. Brown's lines of baby bottles, breastfeeding products, pacifiers/teethers, training cups, and solid feeding products are regarded for their technology and function. Dr. Brown's products are available at baby specialty, pharmacy, and online retailers worldwide. For more information, visit drbrownsbaby.com.
SOURCE Handi-Craft Company