NEW YORK, July 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
ACI Association has initiated research coverage on Facebook, Inc. (NASDAQ: FB). Select highlights from the internally released reports are being made available to the general public (included below), with access to the entirety of the research available to new members.
Today, membership is open to readers on a complementary basis at the following URL: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=FB
Highlights from our FB Report include:
- Driving Diversity at Facebook - In a press release dated July 9, 2015, Maxine Williams, Global Director of Diversity at Facebook reported an update on the Company's work since the initial announcement of Facebook's diversity data last year. The release informed that the platform Facebook is building currently serves 1.4 billion people around the world, thereby bringing up diversity as the key to connect people to its product and business.
- Current Demographic Data on Ethnicity and Gender - The Company revealed that among its U.S. employees, 55% are White, 36% are Asian and 4% are Hispanic. In its technical workforce, majority of workers are White, attributing to 51%, whereas Asian and Hispanic workers have 43% and 3% share, respectively. The Company's senior leadership consists of 73% of White employees followed by 21% of Asian and 3% of Hispanic employees.
- Diverse Slate Approach - The Company is piloting a diverse slate approach in some parts of its business in the United States to present hiring managers with at least one qualified candidate who is a member of an underrepresented group to fill any open role.
- Facebook University Training Program - The Company is increasing the number of college freshman-year paid training opportunities through its Facebook University training program (FBU). The FBU invites college freshmen, generally from underrepresented groups who demonstrate exceptional talent and interest in Computer Science, to spend most of their summer working on teams with Facebook mentors and learning the skills the Company is looking for.
- Managing Bias Training Course - Facebook is working toward building an inclusive culture and reworking a managing bias training course. The program is designed to surface biases that people might not even realize they have, and gives people the tools to identify and interrupt biased behavior as it occurs.
- Launch of Computer Science & Engineering Lean in Circles - In addition to investing in building a more diverse Facebook, the Company is also working towards a more diverse tech work force overall. To do the same, Facebook has launched Computer Science & Engineering Lean in Circles in partnership with LeanIn.Org, LinkedIn, and The Anita Borg Institute to bring together small groups of women to support one another as they pursue careers in computer science and engineering.
To find out how this influences our rating on Facebook, Inc. read the full report in its entirety here: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=FB
About ACI Association:
Active Charter Investors Association ("ACI Association") produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and micro-cap stocks. ACI Association has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
ACI Association has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third party research service company (the "Reviewer"). Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charter holder (the "CFA®"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on sound investment judgment and publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. The Reviewer and the CFA® have not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author, the Reviewer, or the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Production Team") in any way. The Production Team is compensated on a fixed monthly basis and do not hold any positions of interest in any of the securities mentioned herein.
ACI Association, the Author, the Reviewer and the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Publishers") are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by the Publishers whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. The Publishers expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, the Publishers do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither ACI Association nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://www.aciassociation.com/.
ACI Association is not available to residents of Belarus, Cuba, Canada, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Somalia. Do not send email to robottrap (at) aciassociation.com.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.