TEL AVIV, Israel, August 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Dronomy, a software company focused on building knowledge into construction, today announced it has integrated with PlanGrid, the leader in construction productivity software. Together, general contractors, project owners, real estate developers and subcontractors can now add current, objective, and contextual views of their project status into their construction management workflow.
The construction industry is undergoing tremendous change as it works to close the technology gap. The Boston Consulting Group estimates that within ten years, full-scale digitalization in nonresidential construction will be capable of producing an annual global cost savings of $0.7 trillion to $1.2 trillion (13% to 21%) in the engineering and construction phases of a project.
Using autonomous drones, SiteAware digitizes the reality of construction projects from all angles. All data is accessible in the cloud and captured imagery is automatically processed into accurate 2D,3D, and 4D models and analyzed into actionable information, such as Automatic 3D Change Detection. Now, users can save data captured with SiteAware, including snapshots from 2D, 3D, and 4D models, directly to PlanGrid, and can easily reference them on drawings and in RFIs. The seamless integration between SiteAware and PlanGrid improves collaboration among project teams and stakeholders.
Comments on the News
- "Dronomy and PlanGrid are innovators who share the same vision and focus on transforming the construction industry," said Gil Mildworth, Vice President Business Development at Dronomy. "The objective data we capture and insights we provide can now be put in context and shared with all project teams and stakeholders using PlanGrid's mobile and desktop applications. Our partnership will help our customers improve their bottom line through more efficient communication among teams and reduction of errors on the job".
- "Dronomy now helps put rich imagery and project insights in the hands of PlanGrid users in the field, allowing them to build better," said James Cook, Head of Strategic Alliances and Partnerships at PlanGrid. "Partnering with innovators like Dronomy is core to our mission of making PlanGrid's customers more productive."
- Like Dronomy on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dronomy
- Follow Dronomy on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dronomyHQ
- Like PlanGrid on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/plangrid
- Follow PlanGrid on Twitter: https://twitter.com/plangrid
Dronomy aims at building knowledge into construction through constant innovation. We build site awareness to enhance construction efficiency by providing actionable insights and continuously capturing the state of construction sites. With SiteAware, construction companies, project owners and real estate developers can monitor their projects safely and with ease so it becomes a daily routine, reducing costs overruns and project delays. Dronomy is powered by a highly experienced and enthusiastic team with expertise in construction, drones, computer vision, software and 3D modeling, and is backed by strategic investors and top-notch VCs. For more information on Dronomy, visit http://www.dronomy.com
Gil Mildworth, (300)800-1911