NEW YORK, Jan. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- PressLift®, a vertical application of drop.io, Inc., today announced its live open-beta period.
Explaining PressLift, creator and VP of Applications at drop.io, Steve Greenwood, states, "Our company, drop.io, powers content sharing online for millions of people, including communications professionals. To better understand the needs of those who produce and receive press releases, we spoke with hundreds of journalists, bloggers, publicists and social-media marketers. Based on their feedback, we developed PressLift to be the best possible service to share multi-media information with an intended audience."
PressLift features include:
- Multi-Media: share unlimited videos, pictures, audio, documents, and web links with 1-click preview, download and embed
- Social-Media: fully integrate with Twitter and Facebook to publish current news and promote company social media accounts
- Search Engine Optimization: establish a company specific sub-domain, a custom headline url and release-specific keyword tagging
- Custom Tracking & Reporting: produce an in-house or client report based on sophisticated real-time tracking metrics and integrated Google Analytics
- Checkpoints & Safeguards: easily enable registration, embargo periods, FTC guideline compliance, terms & conditions and more...
Producing a new PressLift is as simple as setting up a new Facebook page and complements current distribution approaches including email, wire services, Twitter, Facebook and more...
"PressLift is an amazing application for public relations professionals who want to use rich media in their releases. It demonstrates the power of the drop.io API to serve vertical content use cases," explains Sam Lessin, CEO of drop.io.
Communication industry leaders seem to agree:
"Text is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the information that journalists and bloggers require today," said Stephanie Agresta, EVP, Global Director, Social Media at Porter Novelli. "[PressLift] is a cutting-edge product that will powerfully communicate our clients' messages through multi-media content that is informative, easy to use and optimized for search engines."
The official PressLift launch date will be February 2, 2010 during Social Media Week. For more information, please visit: http://bit.ly/pressliftwelcome.
About drop.io: founded in 2007, drop.io powers content sharing for millions of users. drop.io is an award-winning service and has been named as one of TIME's top 50 best websites, 2009 and a CNET Webware 100 selection in 2009. Led by CEO and founder, Sam Lessin, drop.io was founded in 2007 and has raised $3.9 million in financing from RRE Ventures and DFJ Gotham. drop.io currently employs 14 men and women, and is headquartered in Brooklyn, NY in the heart of digital dumbo.
SOURCE drop.io, Inc.