NEW YORK, May 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- While alternative methods for delivering therapeutics to patients have had some notable successes, most drugs continue to be delivered orally. Because they cannot tolerate the first-pass metabolism of the digestive tract, the recent escalation in new biological drugs, including antibodies and recombinant proteins, is placing renewed emphasis on alternate delivery technologies. Now a number of factors are converging to create both risk and opportunity for drug makers and their delivery device partners. These include new classes of drugs for previously refractory conditions, the growing trend toward self-administration for chronic diseases, shifting patient demographics in industrial countries, caregiver safety legislation, and continued pressure to control healthcare costs.
These factors are giving rise to a new generation of sophisticated, application-specific injection, inhalation and transdermal drug products designed to satisfy caregiver and patient preferences while addressing managed care initiatives and the formulation limitations of new classes of therapeutic drugs. Because of their ability to safely and reliably satisfy treatment protocols and compliance goals, non-oral drug delivery products will have a significant impact on the future of drug self-administration.
- Provides detailed analysis of drug self-administration market segments, market dynamics and market demographics
- Analyzes therapeutic demand drivers and evaluates commercial drug products in more than two dozen major self-administration therapeutic segments
- Analyzes design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for injection devices, inhalation devices and transdermal drug products designed for self-administration
- Charts product data, market share, and forecasts to 2022
- Profiles self-administration drug product and device participants, their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02584084-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001