BETHESDA, Md., Aug. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- A leader in enterprise and developer text retrieval software and document filters, dtSearch announces the release of version 7.87 of the dtSearch product line. The release covers dtSearch Desktop with Spider and dtSearch Network with Spider for searching PC and network-based content; dtSearch Web with Spider for searching across an Internet/Intranet site; dtSearch Publish for publishing data to portable media; and the dtSearch Engine SDK with builds for multiple operating systems.
- For developers, the new version includes the release of the dtSearch Engine for macOS. dtSearch's core developer product, the dtSearch Engine, has native 64-bit and 32-bit .NET, C++ and Java APIs, with SDKs for Linux, Windows, UWP, and now Mac, with Android in beta.
- Also for developers, version 7.87 adds new DataSource API SharePoint indexing code samples. dtSearch products can generally index SharePoint data in three ways: using the dtSearch Spider as an "off the shelf" component in dtSearch Desktop/Network/Web; through a .NET Spider API for dtSearch Engine developers; and also for developers, through the dtSearch Engine DataSource API. New sample C# code demonstrates use of the DataSource API to connect with the SharePoint client API, while a new CodeProject article demonstrates C# indexing using the SharePoint server API.
- Hash values are unique numeric codes for forensic identification of files. dtSearch indexing and searching does not alter files or other data, and does not affect hash values. All version 7.87 products can now generate SHA-256 hash values as part of the indexing process, and then associate each hash value with the corresponding document as searchable metadata, without modification of the original files or their underlying hash values. Please see forensics search features for more details.
General features across the dtSearch product line include:
- Terabyte Indexer and Multithreaded Searching. dtSearch products can index over a terabyte of text in a single index. The index can cover multiple data sources, including different file directories, email stores with attachments, databases and other online data. dtSearch products can create and search any number of indexes, and can search indexes during updates. The products support efficient multithreaded searching, with no limit on the number of concurrent search threads.
- 25+ Search Options and International Language Support. The dtSearch product line has over 25 search types, including special forensics search options (like the ability to identify credit card numbers in data). For international languages, dtSearch products support Unicode, including support for right-to-left languages, and Chinese/Japanese/Korean character handling options.
- Faceted Search and Other Data Classification Options. The dtSearch Engine SDK supports categorization based on document full-text contents, internal document metadata, database content, or data attributes associated with documents during document indexing. The dtSearch Engine also has APIs for faceted searching and other advanced data classification methods.
- Document Filters and Supported Data Types. The product line uses dtSearch's own document filters to work with "Office" documents, PDF, compression formats, emails and multilayer nested attachments, online data and other databases. After a search, the document filters support the display of retrieved data with multicolor highlighted hits. (Document filters are both built into the product line and also available for separate licensing.)
- Federated Searching and the dtSearch Spider. dtSearch products offer federated search across any number of databases, directories, email files and attachments. The dtSearch Spider adds local and remote online content to a search. The Spider can index sites to any level of depth, with support for public and secure online content. dtSearch products provide integrated relevancy ranking, including multicolor highlighted hits across both online and offline data.
About dtSearch, dtSearch.com
The Smart Choice for Text Retrieval® since 1991, the dtSearch product line has over 25 search options for instantly searching terabytes of text. Along with enterprise and developer text retrieval, the company has its own document filters, offering parsing, extraction, conversion and searching of a broad range of data formats. Supported data types encompass databases, website data, popular "Office" formats, compression formats, and emails with nested attachments. dtSearch developer SDKs span multiple platforms. The company has distributors worldwide with coverage on six continents. See dtSearch.com for hundreds of reviews and case studies, as well as fully-functional evaluations.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dtsearch-releases-dtsearch-engine-for-macos-adds-new-sharepoint-developer-indexing-samples-expands-forensic-hash-support-across-dtsearch-product-line-300508516.html