CANTON, Mass., June 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- June 21 marks the first day of summer 2017, and a new survey commissioned by
Dunkin' Donuts, a summer beverage destination, shows that two-thirds (67%) of adults are looking forward to summer more this year than in previous years. In fact, nearly 40% say they would actually take a pay cut in exchange for more time off this summer. Rising temperatures can also equal rising FOMO, as nearly 40% also claim their "Fear of Missing Out" increases during the summer.
Dunkin' Donuts, keeping guests energized with iced and frozen beverages all season long, commissioned the independent survey to take a closer look at the many ways people are making the most of their summer this year. Among some of the additional findings:
- Why are people so psyched for summer? Top reasons include lack of time to see friends and family this year, working harder this year than in past years, and poor weather this spring.
- What quintessential summer activities do Americans want to do most this season? Number one is a road trip with friends or family, with spending time at the beach or pool a close second, followed by summer barbecues or picnics.
- Will coffee fuel folks' fun this summer? Nearly two-thirds (65%) agree that a great cup of coffee makes their summer activities more enjoyable.
- Sometimes summer fun is replaced by summer guilt, as more than one-third (34%) of adults admit always or sometimes feeling sorry about taking time off from their jobs during the summer.
- Can you have summer fun without photos? One in six adults (17%) claim they would actually cut their vacation short if they couldn't take or post photos from it.
- For more survey results, visit the Dunkin' Donuts blog at https://news.dunkindonuts.com/blog/Firstdayofsummer.
To celebrate the first day of summer, Dunkin' Donuts has brewed a fun way to give fans a chance to win $10,000 to help make the most of their summer. Dunkin' Donuts has created a special summer-themed Snapchat Geofilter available on Wednesday, June 21 only, exclusively at all U.S. Dunkin' Donuts restaurants. Anyone who welcomes the start of summer 2017 by visiting a Dunkin' Donuts restaurant and sending a Snap with the Geofilter to Dunkin' Donuts (dunkindonuts) is entered for a chance to win a grand prize of $10,000. In addition, six lucky fans will win a summer's worth of free Dunkin' coffee. No purchase or payment or data usage necessary, legal U.S. residents, 18+. Void where prohibited. For additional terms and conditions, please visit www.dunkinpromotions.com.
On the longest day of the year, Dunkin' Donuts is also creating the brand's longest Instagram story ever. Fans are invited to check out the brand's official Instagram page and follow along all-day long to see live adventures of a Dunkin' Donuts coffee drinker celebrating the spirit of #SummerNotSorry and making the most of the season. The first day of summer is guaranteed to be filled with fun, visually-stimulating activities, all fueled by the flavors of Dunkin' Donuts' iced and frozen coffees.
Dunkin' Donuts has a full lineup of iced and frozen coffee choices perfect for keeping energized throughout each and every summer day, including new Frozen Dunkin' Coffee, iced coffee and espresso beverages, Cold Brew coffee, and ready-to-drink bottled iced coffees. For summer, Dunkin' Donuts restaurants are serving delicious coffee flavors that perfectly capture the spirit of the season, including S'mores, Coconut Crème Pie and Butter Pecan.
Dunkin' Donuts also has a special summer offer for its newest frozen beverage, serving a small Frozen Dunkin' Coffee for the special price of $1.99 through July 2. Crafted to deliver the authentic taste of Dunkin' Donuts' Original Blend coffee, Frozen Dunkin' Coffee is made with a special extract featuring 100% Arabica coffee to bring forward the signature flavor of the brand's premium coffee, blended with ice and dairy for a rich, sweet and creamy beverage to keep guests energized any time of day.
About Dunkin' Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' Donuts is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' Donuts has earned a No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for 11 years running. The company has more than 12,200 restaurants in 45 countries worldwide. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' Donuts is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.
This survey was conducted online June 9 through June 10, 2017 among a representative sample of 999 US adults 18 years old or older by Toluna, an independent research provider, under the guidance of RF|Binder's research team. The results are nationally representative according to the US Census Bureau statistics to accurately reflect the gender, age, income, ethnicity and region of the US general population.
SOURCE Dunkin' Donuts