NEW YORK, Oct. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Adding to the lineup of mobile titles for the soon-to-release Windows Phone 7, Microsoft Corp. and EA Mobile™ -- a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS) and the leading wireless entertainment publisher -- today unveiled the first wave of EA games coming to the new platform this fall. Windows Phone 7 and the first launch titles will ship in 2010 with additional new phone models arriving in early 2011. As part of Microsoft's managed portfolio of Xbox LIVE titles, EA's games for Windows Phone 7 will be Xbox LIVE-enabled, featuring the unique ability to track and share scores with leaderboards, unlock Xbox LIVE Achievements, add to your Gamerscore, and communicate with your Xbox LIVE friends across Xbox 360, Windows-based PC and Windows Phone 7.
"Our collaboration with Microsoft brings EA's world-class catalog of global game franchises to Windows Phone 7, offering a unique set of gaming features perfectly suited to the deep, innovative experiences we value at EA," said Travis Boatman, vice president of Worldwide Studios for EA Mobile. "We see consumers deeply integrating devices into their lives and entertainment in new ways every day. Challenging your Xbox LIVE friends to an EA game from the phone in your pocket keeps you connected and having fun no matter where you are.(1)"
EA will deliver a broad range of titles from its portfolio of award-winning brands:
- "Need for Speed™ Undercover." Power 20 of the world's hottest high-performance cars through 24 undercover missions and eight challenging modes of thrilling action. Customize your vehicle and earn performance upgrades as you race head-to-head, earn achievements and track leaderboards.
- "Tetris®." Play the best-selling blockbuster, all new for Windows Phone 7. Play up to 12 challenging variants and become a "Tetris" master, or enjoy the timeless fun of Marathon mode, loved by hundreds of millions worldwide. Challenge your Xbox LIVE friends to beat your top score in single-player Marathon mode, the variant that made the "Tetris" game a phenomenon.
- "The Sims™ 3." Savor hours of entertainment with this award-winning experience of the No. 1 best-selling PC franchise of all time. Choose from dozens of personality traits and make your Sims characters neurotic, funny or shy while drawing from a wide array of built-in theme sets to bring your Sims to life with any appearance, clothing, and accessories you choose. Complete goals, wishes and personal goals while unlocking achievements and scoring Gamerscore points.
- "MONOPOLY." Fans will enjoy classic "MONOPOLY" play in the 75-year tradition of the world's favorite family game brand,* under license from Hasbro Inc. Take a ride on the Reading Railroad or buy Boardwalk as you collect achievements and climb the leaderboards. From Marvin Gardens and Water Works to Park Place, own and manage the famous holdings of the "MONOPOLY" game board, which comes to life with animated tokens and interactive features for Windows Phone 7.
"Together EA and Microsoft have created some of the definitive console games of this generation, and we're excited to bring that powerful alliance to Windows Phone 7," said Ron Pessner, general manager of Xbox LIVE mobile, Microsoft. "This is a new and major games platform for Microsoft, and we look forward to the amazing games EA will deliver over the coming years."
EA joins some of the most creative minds in console, mobile and independent game development bringing their biggest franchises and titles to Windows Phone 7, including Microsoft Game Studios, Gameloft, Konami, Namco Bandai, PopCap and THQ. With new titles slated to release each week, try-before-you-buy demos, asynchronous turn-based gameplay and more, Windows Phone 7 brings the quality, consistency and community of the Xbox experience to gamers on the go.
More information about Windows Phone 7 games and the mobile Xbox LIVE experience is available at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/presskits/windowsphone.
EA Mobile has a solid reputation for its pioneering and market leadership in mobile gaming. More information about EA Mobile is available at http://www.EAMobile.com, by joining EA on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/EAMobile, or by following EA on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EAMobile.
About Xbox LIVE
Xbox LIVE is the online entertainment service for your Xbox 360, connecting you to an ever-expanding world of games, movies, TV, music, sports and social entertainment. Xbox LIVE lets you play the best games, enjoy the largest on-demand library on any console, listen to millions of songs and share the fun with friends around the world. This holiday season, Xbox LIVE will come to Windows Phone 7 and put the power of connected entertainment in the palm of your hand. Xbox LIVE is also the exclusive home of controller-free online entertainment through Kinect, making your Xbox 360 more intuitive and interactive than ever before. With an active community of 25 million people across 26 countries, expanding to 35 this fall, Xbox LIVE provides you with instant access to the entertainment you want, shared with the people you care about. More information about Xbox LIVE can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/live.
About EA Mobile
EA Mobile™ is the leading wireless entertainment publisher with award-winning game franchises such as Tetris®, Bejeweled®, The Sims™, and Need For Speed™. The EA Mobile portfolio also includes casual games based on the company's partnership with Hasbro, Inc. including MONOPOLY, YAHTZEE and SCRABBLE (in the U.S. and Canada) as well as sports blockbusters from the EA SPORTS™ brand, including Madden NFL Football, FIFA Soccer and NASCAR®. EA Mobile develops games for multiple mobile platforms including mobile phones, smartphones, the iPhone®, iPad™ and iPod® touch. For more information about EA Mobile, please visit www.eamobile.com.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the Company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA SPORTS™, EA™, EA Mobile™ and POGO™. In fiscal 2010, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.7 billion and had 27 titles that sold more than one million units. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.
Hasbro, Inc. is a worldwide leader in children's and family leisure time products and services with a rich portfolio of brands and entertainment properties that provides some of the highest quality and most recognizable play and recreational experiences in the world. As a brand-driven, consumer-focused global company, Hasbro brings to market a range of toys, games and licensed products, from traditional to high-tech and digital, under such powerful brand names as TRANSFORMERS, PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, CRANIUM and WIZARDS OF THE COAST. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. © 2010 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
(1) Windows Phone 7 features turn-based gameplay with Xbox LIVE users on the phone or PC.
EA, EA SPORTS, EA Mobile, POGO, Need for Speed, and The Sims are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Tetris is a registered trademark of Tetris Holding. MONOPOLY, YAHTZEE and SCRABBLE (in the United States and Canada) are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. John Madden, NFL FIFA and NASCAR are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. iPad is a trademark, and iPod and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
*Based on 2009 retail series of "MONOPOLY" board games in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Australia. Source: The NPD Group/Toys/Consumer Tracking Service.
SOURCE Microsoft Corp.