Nov 20, 2020, 09:00 ET
SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 20, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- eBay today unveils The Holiday Marketplace -- a virtual celebration of small businesses that's filled with a curated selection of unique and thoughtful gifts. Holiday markets account for a sizable portion of small business holiday sales; however, the majority have been canceled this year. In a season where many traditions have needed to evolve, eBay has created a new way for shoppers to browse and buy holiday gifts from small, independent merchants, who need the support now more than ever.
eBay's first-ever virtual Holiday Marketplace on the @eBay Pinterest page, shines a light on nine small businesses with a wide range of items, from collectible sneakers to one-of-a-kind luxury accessories, vintage toys, hand-drawn cards, and more. In addition to finding shoppable collections, visitors can check out festive inspiration and advice from the sellers themselves - eBay's gifting experts.
The superstar lineup of small businesses on The Holiday Marketplace include:
- Breedlove Beauty Co. (Baton Rouge, LA): Take the complexity out of skin care and shop this handmade, all-natural, premium beauty line for minimal makeup look.
- Burbank Sportscards (Burbank, CA): Check out their millions of collectible cards that are the perfect gift to give to all of the sports fans in your life.
- Dippity and Snark (Akron, OH): Shop cute and punny hand drawn cards, stationery, stickers and illustrated gifts to spread some holiday cheer.
- Hops and Nuts (Greensboro, NC): Enjoy handcrafted nuts to complement the perfect pour - great for entertaining, gifting, snacking or in holiday recipes.
- Linda's Stuff (Hatboro, PA): Score authentic, designer gifts at seriously great prices for the luxe lover in your life.
- Sarge & Red's (Harpers Ferry, WV): Give the gift of nostalgia with this seriously sweet collection of vintage toys and games.
- Sole Supremacy (Newark, CA): Find your next dream pair of kicks from the extensive collection of Air Jordan, Nike, and adidas.
- Sweetlees Boutique (Mason, MI): Shop plus size fashion, cute home accessories, stocking stuffers and more -- your gifting needs are in the bag.
- Sweet Pea Spices (Dallas, TX): Make your holiday recipes sweet or savory with these spice collections, including hard-to-find regional favorites.
Now through December, shoppers can also follow @eBay on Instagram where these sellers will conduct weekly takeovers to share expert gift picks for a range of budgets and personas, as well as a behind-the-scenes look into their holiday hustles.
"Many of our sellers rely on in-person events for an extra sales boost this time of year, and buyers look forward to holiday markets for gift inspiration," said Jordan Sweetnam, Senior Vice President and General Manager for eBay's North America Market. "In a year where many holiday shopping traditions will look very different, eBay helps to give our sellers new ways to connect with buyers who want to find one-of-a-kind gifts and support small businesses."
"The closure of holiday markets severely affects my small business - 70 percent of my holiday sales stems from them," said Danielle Capotosto, owner of Dippity and Snark. "The holiday marketplace from eBay is a great opportunity to reach new customers. I'm leaning heavily on online sales and my eBay store this season!"
eBay, a partner to small businesses everywhere for the past 25 years, has taken extra steps to implement support and relief for sellers during these unprecedented times. Most recently, eBay developed "Up & Running," an accelerator program that helped Main Street retailers without an e-commerce presence transition to selling online - representing a pledge of up to $100 million in support for small businesses across North America.
This holiday season, shop small and discover unique gifts on The Holiday Marketplace. For even more gift ideas from thousands of small businesses across the country, visit eBay.com.
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity for all. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, California, eBay is one of the world's largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.
SOURCE eBay Inc.
Share this article