BOGOTA, Colombia, Sept. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Chief Executive Officer of Ecopetrol S.A. (NYSE: EC; BVC: ECOPETROL; BVL: EC; TSX: ECP) hereby calls on Shareholders to attend the extraordinary shareholders' meeting to be held on Wednesday, October 12th, 2011, starting at 7:30 a.m. at Ecopetrol's auditorium located in The Principal Building - Cr. 13 No. 36 – 24, Bogota, Colombia.
The agenda of the meeting will be:
- Safety guidelines
- Quorum verification
- Opening by the Chief Executive Officer of Ecopetrol S.A.
- Approval of the agenda
- Appointment of the President for the meeting
- Appointment of the Commission in charge of scrutinizing elections and polling
- Appointment of the Commission in charge of reviewing and approving the minutes of the meeting
- Election of the Board of Directors (originated in the newly acquired non-independent quality of Mr. Federico Rengifo Velez and the ninth position's vacancy, which corresponds to the Director nominated by minority shareholders)
The resumes of the current directors and the candidate nominated by minority shareholders are available to the shareholders on Ecopetrol's Web site: www.ecopetrol.com.co through the Portal Corporativo in the following path: Investors / Shareholders' Meeting / Extraordinary Shareholders' Meeting
Shareholders that are not able to attend the Shareholders' Meeting may be represented through a proxy, granted in writing, pursuant to the requirements provided for under Colombian Corporate Law. In order to facilitate the fulfillment of these requirements, shareholders are allowed to download from the website, various proxy models that have been designed for each relevant case.
Except for the cases of legal representation, officers and employees of Ecopetrol S.A. shall not be entitled to represent shares other than their own, while in exercise of their posts, nor shall be allowed to substitute the powers of attorney conferred upon them.
In all events, shareholders' representation shall be subject to the rules set forth under Colombian Corporate Law and Securities Regulations, concerning illegal, unauthorized and unsafe practices by the issuers of securities.
JAVIER G. GUTIERREZ PEMBERTHY
Chief Executive Officer
- Have your identity document at hand, and if you are representing other shares, the respective proxy.
- The doors of the auditorium and the registration spots will be opened from 6:30 a.m. onwards.
- Entry of accompanying persons will be allowed only for physically handicapped Shareholders, elder adults and under aged individuals.
- No kits (presents) or food will be provided to the attendees
For further information please contact:
Ecopetrol is Colombia's largest integrated oil & gas company, where it accounts for 60% of total production. It is one of the top 40 oil companies in the world and the fourth largest oil company in Latin America. The Company is also involved in exploration and production activities in Brazil, Peru and the United States Gulf Coast, and owns the main refineries in Colombia, most of the network of oil and multiple purpose pipelines in the country, petrochemical plants, and is entering into the biofuels business.
This release contains forward-looking statements relating to the prospects of the business, estimates for operating and financial results, and those related to growth prospects of Ecopetrol. These are merely projections and, as such, are based exclusively on the expectations of management concerning the future of the business and its continued access to capital to fund the Company's business plan. Such forward-looking statements depend, substantially, on changes in market conditions, government regulations, competitive pressures, the performance of the Colombian economy and the industry, among other factors; therefore, they are subject to change without prior notice.
Contact us for any additional information:
SOURCE Ecopetrol S.A.