Organization simplifies grant process, benefits districts big and small
TULSA, Okla., Oct. 26 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- This fiscal year more than $7 billion will be awarded for K-12 education across the country through competitive grants – that marks an 86 percent increase in grant funding. Formally launching today, EDOklahoma is an innovative, subscription-based service that provides Oklahoma school districts tailored grant notifications and grant writing assistance, as well as relevant Congressional updates, increasing the opportunity for federal dollars to benefit Oklahoma students and teachers.
Founded by grant writers who have delivered over $16 million in federal funding to Oklahoma's public schools, the organization is guided by a mission to connect the state's public schools and technology centers with the proven skills and strategies practiced by its founders.
Endorsed by the Oklahoma State School Board Association, EDOklahoma draws on experience from a team of committed Oklahomans, including former Senator Don Nickles.
"This is about competition for federal grant dollars that will be distributed somewhere," said Don Nickles, who serves as EDOklahoma's Washington contact. "I want Oklahoma to have as good a chance as any other state in bringing those dollars to our schools."
"As our schools face continued budget shortfalls, federal dollars are essential," said Dr. Jeff Mills. Executive Director for the OSSBA, "EDOklahoma simplifies the onerous federal grant process, giving local schools every opportunity to easily compete and bring federal dollars home to our students and teachers."
For a simple, monthly subscription rate based on a school district's average daily membership, members receive the following services:
- Tailored notices and one-page grant summaries enabling members to quickly determine appropriate funding opportunities.
- Grant writing workshops that provide individualized instruction and online, interactive lectures from successful grant writers and noted education leaders.
- Real-time updates on Congressional and regulatory actions as well as resulting impact and opportunity for Oklahoma school districts.
- Opportunities for rural, suburban and urban districts to influence education policy, connecting members with Washington-based advocates representing and advocating their positions on key education issues.
- Access to Capitol Hill through interactive conference calls with Nickles and other EDOklahoma advocates in addition to in-person and teleconference briefings at statewide conferences.
EDOklahoma is a resource linking Oklahoma school districts with information and strategies to capitalize on federal education funding and policy development opportunities. Through tailored grant notifications and writing workshops, policy conferences and real-time updates on federal legislation, EDOklahoma empowers member districts with proven, practical assistance to benefit students and teachers statewide. EDOklahoma is a national voice for local education. For more, visit www.EDOklahoma.org.