NEW YORK, March 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. (NYSE: MSO) today announced its Egg Dyeing 101 from Martha Stewart Living™ App for iPhone and iPod touch is now available on the App Store. Egg Dyeing 101 provides access to holiday egg-decorating ideas that are kid-friendly, fun, and easy to accomplish with simple instructions and how-to videos. Choose a project by swiping through an extensive gallery of 101 gorgeous photos—though with so many inspiring options, it may be hard to decide just where to begin!
Marcie McGoldrick, VP Editorial Director, Holiday and Crafts at MSLO said: "With Egg Dyeing 101, the Martha Stewart Living crafts team made a full spectrum of colorful creations that include some of our best egg-decorating ideas ever. The easy-to-make, charming designs are perfect for family projects and kids of all ages, and are made with simple supplies you already have on hand. It's everything you need to celebrate spring!"
Features of the Egg Dyeing 101 App include:
- Egg Basics: All users need to know to get started, tips and techniques for getting great results, and video instructions for blowing out eggs so they can be kept year after year.
- Inspiring Colors: The interactive color wheel helps users select their favorite hues and then offers recipes for mixing them.
- Techniques: Discover the rich variety of designs that can be created using a few simple techniques such as dip-dying, masking, stenciling, speckling, and embellishing.
- Instructions: Each egg design is accompanied by easy-to-follow, how-to instructions, photos, or videos.
- Sharing: Egg decorating ideas can be shared via e-mail with family and friends.
- Saving: Favorite egg designs can be compiled into an easy-to-access gallery.
- Supplies: Most of the techniques can be accomplished with supplies that are readily available at your local grocery or crafts store.
Egg Dyeing 101 from Martha Stewart Living™ was developed by the editorial team at MSLO, creators of top-selling Apps including Martha Stewart Living: Boundless Beauty™, Martha Stewart Makes Cookies™, Martha's Everyday Food: Fresh And Easy Recipes™, and iPad editions of the magazines Martha Stewart Living® and Everyday Food®.
The Egg Dyeing 101 from Martha Stewart Living™ App is available for $0.99 from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.
About Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. (NYSE: MSO) is a diversified media and merchandising company, inspiring and engaging consumers with unique lifestyle content and distinctive products. The Publishing segment encompasses the company's print and digital businesses and is comprised of four magazines, including MSLO's flagship publication, Martha Stewart Living, periodic special issues, books, websites, digital apps, blogs, and more. The Broadcasting segment produces the Emmy-winning, daily television series, "The Martha Stewart Show," and other original programming on Hallmark Channel, including "Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn." Broadcasting also encompasses Martha Stewart Living Radio on SIRIUS channel 112 and XM channel 157 as part of "The Best of SIRIUS." In addition to its media properties, MSLO offers high-quality Martha Stewart products through licensing agreements with carefully selected companies, including the Martha Stewart Collection exclusively at Macy's, the Martha Stewart Living line of home-improvement products at The Home Depot, Martha Stewart Crafts with EK Success at Michaels, Jo-Ann Fabric, and independent retailers, the Martha Stewart Pets line at PetSmart. In 2008, Emeril Lagasse joined the Martha Stewart family of brands; MSLO acquired the assets related to Lagasse's media and merchandising business, including television programming, cookbooks, and emerils.com website and his licensed kitchen and food products. For additional information about MSLO, visit www.marthastewart.com.
SOURCE Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.