Jun 17, 2015, 09:00 ET
NEW YORK, June 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- When Eileen Fisher, the woman behind the brand known for its elegant simplicity and timeless design, started EILEEN FISHER, Inc. 30 years ago, she envisioned a company that supported and empowered women. Since its inception in 2010, the Activating Leadership Grant Program has donated close to two million dollars to over fifty-six organizations that accentuate innovative leadership initiatives that work with women and girls. Each year, grants have focused on a targeted theme. This year, the brand invites applications on the topic, "Achieving Personal Transformation," from organizations of all types and sizes. Applications will be accepted through the EILEEN FISHER website until noon E.D.T. on July 21st.
Founder Eileen Fisher strongly believes that all women have the ability to lead—in their personal lives, at the workplace, and in their communities. Through the Activating Leadership Grant Program, the brand helps women and girls to achieve their full potential. Social Consciousness Leader of Community Partnerships and Women's Initiatives, Reisa Brafman explains, "It takes courage to rebuild one's life after leaving a forced marriage, to find your entrepreneurial spirit after surviving the conflicts of war or to redefine what leadership looks like. Our 2014 grantees are providing women and girls a safe, supportive space along with the tools to do this and much more. We believe in and congratulate the women and girls in these programs who are activating their own leadership by tapping into their passions and potential, finding their inner voice and discovering who they are."
EILEEN FISHER, Inc. congratulates its 2014 grant recipients which include:
- Adaptive Design Association, an organization where formerly incarcerated women build custom-made cardboard furniture for disabled children, learn new skills and foster a sense of self to reenter the workforce.
- African Community Center's We Made This program unlocks the courage and creativity of refugee women through a multicultural sewing community by activating leadership and building sustainable partnerships.
- Budget Buddies builds the financial literacy, confidence, and security of low-income women through a unique program of one-to-one coaching and workshops that develop self-esteem and core money-management skills.
- Figure Skating in Harlem, a pioneering non-profit founded in 1997, uses the artistic discipline of figure skating to provide girls with innovative education and fitness programs that promote academic success, physical health, and emotional well-being.
- Girls Leadership Institute in partnership with Breakthrough Collaborative Silicon Valley is investing more deeply in the lives of first-generation American girls. GLI teaches girls the skills to know who they are, what they believe, and how to express it - empowering them to create change in their world.
- In Groundswell's Voices Her'd Visionaries program young women have a unique chance to be creators rather than receivers of visual media.
- Hour Children's compassionate and comprehensive services empowers incarcerated and formerly incarcerated women and their children to successfully rejoin the community, reunify with their families, and build healthy, independent and secure lives.
- Mamafrica's mission is to provide healing arts programs, education and economic opportunity for women in the Democratic Republic of Congo, to foster self-empowerment, community and sustainability, ultimately resulting in generational change.
- Mini Mermaid Running Club envisions every girl in the world leading a healthy life by listening to their inner voice, valuing her uniqueness, learning to love movement and discovering that the finish line is just the beginning.
- N Street Village, a community of empowerment and recovery for homeless and low-income women, offers a new program for trauma survivors to learn to provide therapeutic yoga to other trauma survivors.
- Unchained At Last is a unique nonprofit in the U.S. dedicated to helping women and girls leave or avoid forced marriage through free legal and social services, and a mentoring program. Unchained raises awareness and advocates for legislation to protect women.
If your organization is "Achieving Personal Transformation" for women and girls, please see the following link for more application information: http://www.eileenfisher.com/EileenFisher/company/grants/Activating_Leadership/Activating_Leadership_Grant_Guidelines.jsp
About EILEEN FISHER:
EILEEN FISHER has been creating effortlessly chic clothes for the past 30 years. Designed with pure shapes and fine fabrics, the collections offer sophistication, comfort and style that lasts. As a socially conscious company, EILEEN FISHER is a pioneer in eco-friendly fashion and in supporting global initiatives that empower women and girls. The clothing is sold at more than 60 EILEEN FISHER retail stores in the US, Canada and the UK, as well as at major department stores and eileenfisher.com
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130628/NY39097LOGO
SOURCE EILEEN FISHER, Inc.
Share this article