FORT WORTH, Texas, April 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Providing U.S. Army aviators the advanced capabilities they need to dominate during combat engagements is a priority for Elbit Systems of America, LLC, an innovation leader in bringing information fusion technologies into aircraft cockpits for the U.S. Army's current and future vertical lift programs. Elbit Systems of America will feature an innovative suite of intelligent pilot interfaces, aircraft survivability solutions and robust multi-core mission processors at the 2018 Army Aviation Association of America Summit, April 25-27, 2018. The summit takes place at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
"Elbit Systems of America's solutions have earned the trust of Army aviators and are used on multiple platforms, including the Apache, Chinook and Blackhawk helicopter fleets" stated Raanan Horowitz, president and chief executive officer of Elbit Systems of America. "Our solutions – past, present and future – offer pilots the very best in enhanced situational awareness and improved mission effectiveness. Elbit Systems of America's solutions allow aviators to dominate in combat operations."
Examples of the company's advanced capabilities to be highlighted in booth 742, include:
- Enhanced situational awareness during day, night and in degraded visual environments. Through the integration of leading technologies from across the Elbit Systems enterprise, we bring generationally advanced capabilities to the fight. Our advanced situational awareness and decision support solutions focus on all aspects of sensing, processing and displaying to provide rotorcraft aircrews the decisive edge.Examples:
- Building and integrating a suite of sensors that are optimized for the mission.
- Information fusion that results in more robust detection, classification and tracking in all environments.
- Open system architecture to enable the seamless integration of computer-generated entities that leads to more effective mission training and rehearsal.
- Advanced processing techniques and machine learning provide improved threat detection and decision support.
- Large area touch displays that provide the pilot access to key performances and operational updates
- Wide field of view helmet displays for optimized man-machine interfaces.
- A degraded visual environment solution that uses intuitive 3-D grid symbology.
· Embedded synthetic training for real world threat engagement scenarios. Our embedded training system integrates with current aircraft displays and cockpit controls and can even network between aircraft for collective training. The system evaluates crew survival information that can be downloaded and reviewed in debrief after flight.
· Advanced Threat Detection Systems. Our missile warning systems are capable of detecting the various threats facing fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft flying in today's highly contested battlefield environment. With open system architecture, robust processing and advanced algorithms, our systems have the necessary growth feature to also mitigate future and emerging threats.
· Cost-effective capabilities to engage moving or static targets in various conditions and longer ranges in complex terrains. Loitering munitions, laser and multi-mode seekers, and advanced targeting systems provide increased target accuracy and flexibility, while minimizing collateral damage. Loitering munitions also provide warfighters with advanced surveillance and additional strike capabilities, drastically minimizing target identification and impact. Small, lightweight precision munition seekers and sensors are highly accurate against stationary and high-speed moving targets.
· Advanced high-speed mission processing capabilities. The company's new multi-core mission processor provides faster processing speed and higher power to improve the integration of sensor data displayed to the Army aviator.
· Increased aircraft mission availability and reduced operating cost. The company offers contractor logistic support services and cockpit upgrades for military aircraft platforms. These include site and depot level maintenance, material management, engineering services, aircraft modifications and cockpit upgrades that sustain aircraft mission readiness. M7 Aerospace, LLC, an Elbit Systems of America subsidiary, is the type certificate owner and original equipment manufacturer for the RC-26/Metro aircraft.
About Elbit Systems of America, LLC
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
About Elbit Systems
Elbit Systems Ltd. is an international high technology company engaged in a wide range of defense, homeland security and commercial programs throughout the world. The Company, which includes Elbit Systems and its subsidiaries, operates in the areas of aerospace, land and naval systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance ("C4ISR"), unmanned aircraft systems, advanced electro-optics, electro-optic space systems, EW suites, signal intelligence systems, data links and communications systems, radios and cyber-based systems. The Company also focuses on the upgrading of existing platforms, developing new technologies for defense, homeland security and commercial applications and providing a range of support services, including training and simulation systems.
For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems.com or follow us on Twitter.
Elbit Systems of America and other trademarks, service marks and logos are registered or unregistered marks of Elbit Systems of America companies in the United States and in foreign countries. Copyright © 2018 Elbit Systems of America. All rights reserved.
Forward Looking Statement
This press release contains forward‑looking statements (within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended) regarding Elbit Systems Ltd. and/or its subsidiaries (collectively the Company), to the extent such statements do not relate to historical or current fact. Forward-looking statements are based on management's expectations, estimates, projections and assumptions. Forward‑looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain risks and uncertainties, which are difficult to predict. Therefore, actual future results, performance and trends may differ materially from these forward‑looking statements due to a variety of factors, including, without limitation: scope and length of customer contracts; governmental regulations and approvals; changes in governmental budgeting priorities; general market, political and economic conditions in the countries in which the Company operates or sells, including Israel and the United States among others; differences in anticipated and actual program performance, including the ability to perform under long-term fixed-price contracts; and the outcome of legal and/or regulatory proceedings. The factors listed above are not all-inclusive, and further information is contained in Elbit Systems Ltd.'s latest annual report on Form 20-F, which is on file with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward‑looking statements speak only as of the date of this release. The Company does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
Reporters interested in learning about these capabilities or interviewing representatives of Elbit Systems of America at the Army Aviation Association of America Summit should contact Rod Gibbons (email@example.com) or Amy Hartley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
SOURCE Elbit Systems of America, LLC