SAN FRANCISCO, June 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global electric scooters market size is expected to reach USD 41.98 billion by 2030 registering a CAGR of 8.5% over the forecast period, according to a study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising consumer awareness about eco-friendly transportation, increasing adoption of electric scooter sharing services, and declining raw material prices are expected to fuel the demand. Growing focus on sustainable transportation infrastructure is also projected to augment the market growth. Manufacturers are adopting various strategies, such as collaborations, mergers, and product launches, to enter the continuously evolving electric scooters industry.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Retro scooters is anticipated to be the dominant segment over the forecast years owing to significant demand for electric scooters fitted with docks
- Based on battery, the sealed lead acid segment accounted for the largest share of 64.7% of the global electric scooters market in 2018
- However, stringent laws and regulations to reduce the amount of lead released into the environment are compelling manufacturers to incorporate NiMH and Li-Ion batteries into the scooters
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest regional market reaching USD 26.25 billion by 2030 on account of heavy investments in the vehicle charging infrastructure
- Some of the prominent industry participants include Gogoro, Inc.; Terra Motors Corporation; Mahindra GenZe; Vmoto Limited; Xinri Electric Vehicle Co. Ltd.; and BMW Motorrad International
Read 164 page research report with TOC on "Electric Scooters Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Standing, Retro, Folding), By Battery (Sealed Lead Acid, NiMH, Li-Ion), By Voltage (24V, 36V, 48V, >48V), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2030" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/electric-scooters-market
Moreover, continuous product innovations within the industry and vehicle charging infrastructure, such as home charging solutions, are projected to bolster the market revenue over the next 13 years. Growing number of registrations of electric scooters are supporting governments in meeting the standards for the adoption of zero-emission vehicles, thus plummeting the emission gap by 2020. Furthermore, energy-efficiency of these vehicles can be achieved with smart vehicle charging infrastructure, which is further lessened by progressing technologies, such as solar power and vehicle-to-grid technologies. Asia Pacific is anticipated to lead the market over the forecast period due to factors, such as collaboration of charging equipment manufacturers with researchers and automakers.
For instance, in 2016, Honda Motor Company and Yamaha Motor Corporation allied to manufacture electric scooters in Japan. Similar factors are responsible for the dominance of China in the Asia Pacific market. North America is anticipated to witness the highest CAGR over the forecast period. U.S. is expected to emerge as the leading economy, in terms of demand for electric scooters, due to new product developments. Moreover, various large-scale manufacturers, such as Mahindra GenZe, are entering the U.S. market. The regional market is, however, observing some challenges owing to new traffic laws being outlined by regulatory bodies to ensure public safety.
Grand View Research has segmented the global electric scooters market on the basis of product, battery, voltage, and region:
- Electric Scooters Product Type (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2030)
- Electric Scooters Battery Type (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2030)
- Sealed Lead Acid
- Electric Scooters Voltage Type (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2030)
- Greater than 48V
- Electric Scooters Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Find more research reports on Automotive & Transportation Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Dual Clutch Transmission Market – The dual clutch transmission market is expected to be driven by various benefits such as increased performance and driving experience.
- Commercial Helicopters Market – The commercial helicopters market expansion is expected to witness high growth in sectors such as offshore gas & oil production, exploration, HEMS, law enforcement & public safety, and VIP transport.
- Gaming Console Market – The global gaming console market is expected to witness high growth over the forecast period. The growth may be attributed to introduction of new and advanced audio visual devices.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc