HOPKINTON, Mass., May 1, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Latest advancements boost productivity in the Digital Workplace
- Progressive approach strengthens complete content strategy
- Advancements in the Documentum portfolio, as well as a host of solutions and services, provide productivity, collaboration, and agility in the Cloud
As the emergence of social media, Cloud, and Big Data continues to fuel the digital evolution, today's digital workplace must drive new levels of employee engagement, operational efficiency and service excellence. To help deliver on this digital transformation, EMC (NYSE: EMC) today announced new enhancements across its Documentum® portfolio of enterprise content management (ECM) applications, enabling customers to further address next-generation ECM by optimizing current investments as the backbone for new business models.
Latest Enhancements: Productivity, Efficiency, and Agility
The portfolio of products provide best-in-class offerings to solve customer business and content problems:
- The latest Documentum 7.2 platform is the fastest and most secure Documentum release ever, including Top Secret-level encryption (AES-256) for content in transit and at rest, and new storage certifications enabling storage management optimization within the software-defined data center
- Documentum D2 4.5 and Documentum xCP 2.2 deliver more agility and drive productivity for developers and administrators in deploying new solutions across various industries. xCP offers increased functionality for migrations and upgrades, and D2 offers an enhanced user experience with improvements to approval processes and new ways to find documents quickly
- Captiva 7.5 offers distributed capture, extending Captiva's capture capability to branch offices with a more simplified user interface – while enhancing image recognition and mobile development kits. This latest release is built around mobile use cases and features real-time Rest services
- Documentum Asset Operations Mobile 1.1 extends the functionality of EMC Documentum Asset Operations, enabling maintenance and operations workers to view and submit field queries, and access critical information, such as SOPs and work orders via an iPad
The latest enhancements position information clearly as the currency of the digital business with the ability to easily and securely exchange information with the extended enterprise including customers, partners, suppliers, and remote employees—anytime, anywhere, and via any device. More importantly, EMC helps customers strengthen their content strategy while forging a path from Platform 2 to Platform 3 where IT and business users drive greater employee engagement and operational efficiency for today's digital evolution.
Rohit Ghai, President, EMC Enterprise Content Division
"Organizations across every industry are only just beginning to realize the disruptive impact of technologies like Cloud, Big Data, Social and Mobile. In order to thrive through this disruption, organizations need to drive a digital agenda and use their content and data to fuel their journey. We are delighted to evolve our portfolio to enable these organizations to advance on the journey to digitalization by implementing a complete, end-to-end content strategy."
John O'Melia, SVP & GM of Documentum, EMC Enterprise Content Division
"EMC has earned the trust of our customers with the most innovative content management platform that accelerates time to value, drives operational efficiency and increases productivity. With these new advancements across the Documentum portfolio, EMC is further meeting the needs of a growing number of customers and expanding our offering to help them optimize the value and minimize the risk of migrating to the cloud."
- Learn more about EMC Documentum platform
- Learn more about EMC Documentum D2
- Learn more about EMC Captiva
- Watch the Keynote on Monday, May 4 at 1:30 p.m. PT
- Stay connected with Momentum on Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Follow the @EMCmomentum account and join the #MMTM15 conversation on Twitter
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Documentum, Captiva, are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective holders. © Copyright 2015 EMC Corporation. All rights reserved.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation