AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Sept. 23, 2020 /PRNewswire/ --
- Augmented reality-based "Know & Go" mobile app provides immersive user experience to understand vehicle features
- Know & Go app created by a team of FCA employees and pitched during the Company's first-ever "Pitch Night" earlier this year
- The "Know & Go" mobile app went from idea to market-ready in less than three months
- 2021 Ram 1500 TRX customers will be the first to experience the app
Ram Trucks today announced the 2021 Ram 1500 TRX will be the first FCA vehicle to feature the new Know & Go mobile app. The app, pitched by a group of FCA employees during the Company's first-ever "Pitch Night" and later developed by them, features an immersive experience for customers who want to learn more about their vehicle.
"We created the Know & Go app as a way for customers to interact with and learn about their vehicles throughout their ownership lifecycle and personal experiences," said Carolina Harris, Feature Innovation Manager – FCA, and co-creator of Know & Go.
The Know & Go mobile app will be available through the customer's preferred app store. After purchasing a vehicle, customers will have the ability to download the app.
"With all of the content on the 2021 Ram 1500 TRX, the Know & Go mobile app highlights the many new features and capabilities our customers will enjoy in a creative, exciting and engaging way," added Mimi Nguyen, Propulsion Systems Program Manager, Product Development – FCA and co-creator of Know & Go.
The Know & Go mobile app utilizes the camera on a smartphone and incorporates augmented reality to view a vehicle's feature. Simply point the camera at the part of the vehicle you wish to learn more about and the name and a description will be overlaid on the image. Know & Go allows for customers to learn about their vehicles all in one easy-to-use mobile app.
Know & Go mobile app features include:
- Augmented reality discovery of features
- Self-discovery of features
- Push notifications of undiscovered features
- Feature overview and how-to videos
- Feature-specific owner's manual pages
2021 Ram 1500 TRX customers will be the first to experience this new mobile app before it's available on other vehicles of the FCA portfolio.
Pitch Night Engages Employees to Create New Connectivity and Infotainment Ideas
Borrowing from a familiar television show format, FCA's innovation teams hosted the first "Pitch Night" program in June, engaging employees in creating, developing and presenting new ideas for connectivity and infotainment. More than 500 ideas were submitted with "sky is the limit" creativity.
Online voting allowed employees to whittle down the original 500 ideas to 50 for advancement to the next round. Topic-focused leadership then picked the top 14 ideas from the remaining 50. Coaches and executive sponsors assigned to the finalists to help guide prototype development and fine-tune the "Pitch" as they prepared to present their ideas to a panel of judges, including FCA's Chief Executive Officer Mike Manley, Chief Operating Officer Mark Stewart and several members of the executive leadership team.
Ultimately, the Know & Go mobile app was selected as the top winner for its originality, feasibility, viability and desirability. Since that time, Harris and Nguyen have worked with the cross-fuctional teams to bring their idea from concept to reality.
Ram Truck Brand
In 2009, the Ram Truck brand launched as a stand-alone division, focused on meeting the demands of truck buyers and delivering benchmark-quality vehicles. With a full lineup of trucks, the Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty, 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab, ProMaster and ProMaster City, the Ram brand builds trucks that get the hard work done and families where they need to go.
Ram continues to outperform the competition and sets the benchmarks for:
- Segment first 1,000 lb.-ft of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Towing capacity of 35,100 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Payload of 7,680 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Most luxurious: Ram Limited with real wood, real leather and 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- Best ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
- Most-awarded light-duty truck in America
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
- Over the last 30 years, Ram has the highest percentage of pickups still on the road
Follow Ram and FCA news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.fcanorthamerica.com
Ram Truck brand: www.ramtrucks.com
Ram Zone blog: http://blog.ramtrucks.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/RamTrucks and https://www.facebook.com/FiatChrysler.NorthAmerica/
Instagram: www.instagram.com/ramtrucks and www.instagram.com/FiatChrysler_NA
Twitter: www.twitter.com/RamTrucks and www.twitter.com/FiatChrysler_NA
YouTube: www.youtube.com/RamTrucks and www.youtube.com/fcanorthamerica