SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Environmental Management and Planning Solutions, Inc. (http://www.empsi.com) is sponsoring an online contest to raise the visibility of seven highly rated small charities. The firm is allowing the public to vote on how its $5,000 donation will be apportioned. "By allowing anyone to vote we hope to raise the visibility of these small charities which all lack the communication staff of larger charities," said John King, a Principal at EMPSi.
- charity: water – Bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations.
- Free the Slaves – Ending slavery worldwide.
- Hope for the Warriors – Enhancing the quality of life for post-9/11 service members, their families, and families of the fallen who have sustained physical and psychological wounds in the line of duty.
- Little Kids Rock – Restoring and revitalizing music education in U.S. public schools.
- Marine Conservation Institute – Maintaining healthy, living oceans for all of us and future generations.
- Performing Animal Welfare Society – Protecting performing animals.
- Virtue's Children Nepal – Providing health, care, and opportunity for hundreds of disadvantaged Nepali children.
These organizations were chosen based on their reputations for financial responsibility, accountability and transparency, and their impact. Each of these organizations operates on a small budget, and for EMPSi, raising awareness and encouraging others to give to these groups doing outstanding work is just as important as making a donation.
Anyone and everyone can vote by visiting the EMPSi website (http://www.empsi.com) and clicking the links to EMPSi's Valentine contest. The contest site provides more information about each organization, including budget data, as well as links to each organization's website. Polling will close at midnight PT on Valentine's Day, February 14, 2013. Donations will be issued on Monday, February 18th.
About EMPSi (http://www.empsi.com)
EMPSi is an environmental consulting firm with offices in San Francisco, Denver, Reno, Portland, Santa Fe, and Washington, DC. Focusing on five service areas – Environmental Planning and Compliance, Natural Resources Consulting, Public Outreach and Participation, Project Management, and Sustainability – EMPSi works with government, commercial, and nonprofit clients on complex projects throughout the U.S.
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Environmental Management and Planning Solutions, Inc.