THALGAU, Austria, Sept. 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- A Firewall should be as invisible as possible. This type of protection software has the job of only permitting previously authorized programs access to the network and Internet. Unfortunately, the user has to manually approve every individual program that is allowed access.
This has now changed with the new release of Emsisoft Online Armor Firewall 5.1. It uses a new certificate-based evaluation system for benign programs. This means that program is capable of deciding which applications should be permitted access or not. The program can make these decisions alone. This results in a great reduction in the number of alert messages and irritating queries to the user.
Version 5.1 also includes a number of other improvements:
- Improved Firewall protection: The Firewall has been once more significantly improved so that it can continue to provide perfect protection for your Windows computer.
- Simplified operation: Many user suggestions for making the Firewall easier to use have now been implemented.
- Better compatibility: The developers have further optimized the code of Online Armor to make it even more stable. Compatibility with other protection programs has also been improved.
- New Online Malware Scan: New and unknown files can now be checked using the new Online Malware Scan feature. This function can be directly accessed by right-clicking on the file to be checked.
- Automatic updates also in the Freeware version: This is a major enhancement to the Freeware version since the blacklists and whitelists are updated on a daily basis.
Emsisoft General Manager Christian Mairoll: "With Online Armor Firewall our aim is to provide a security program that performs at the highest possible level. However, it should do this as unobtrusively as possible so that the user hardly notices that the program is running in the background. The new Version 5.1 is a major step towards achieving this goal."